Recent content by Rob Keeble

1. R

Finally an Organization thinking of old men about time.

So i was delighted this am to see for once, not a this charity for that cause or another for this or that female group like m2 but this time some acknowledgement that us old geysers actually do exist and have a need for a place like a workshop to see out our days. Note i am particularly...
  2. R

Jool Tool

Anyone ever used or come across this tool perhaps in jewelry industry https://jooltool.com/ Smaller discs similar to worksharp i guess designed more for polishing and abrading in Jewelry industry but for carving gouges i think it could be a winner specifically for small to tiny tools for detail...
  3. R

Worksharp disc 3D printed

So i am doing some research on the worksharp 3000. At this stage i do not have one. Anyhow the feature i like is being able to see through the wheel for carving chisel grinds. I am happy with my scary sharp sandpaper technique for normal woodworking flat chisels so really for me this is the...
  4. R

Chuckle to myself this am

So watching Rifleman this morning before i start the day. So Lucas McCabe is walking round town while his son loads wagon with supplies. Lucas always has his rifle in his hand. So I said to Linda , how does he manage to do his shopping round town always carrying his rifle. Then i thought...
  5. R

Getting back to an incomplete project

Progress update. No w i have to pause and hone / sharpen tools before i can proceed. Carving if you have not tried it is very therapeutic. If anyone was inspired by Toni to give carving a go, my advice is dont buy crappie tools. I have a mix and my feil and flexcut tools are awesome. Cannot...
  6. R

Getting back to an incomplete project

Some of you will recall this image from the past. I picked this up again and am working on it intermittently.
  7. R

Radial Arm saws

I have a question why do radial arm saws seem so unpopular. Every time i watch a Frank Howarth video i see how he makes use of his bank of setup saws and think to myself dialed in they got to be more accurate than a chop saw intended for a jobsite. He also has two table saws so he is aware of...
  8. R

Just to make you hungry....Beef Wellington

Well while i am at it catching up on posts i thought what the heck you guys are always teasing me with your cooking so here is a teaser for you. Linda made a great beef wellington yesterday (think she was trying to impress Mil lol) . For those of you that dont know what beef wellington is it is...
  9. R

New Tool

Well i dont know how many of you have noticed that Narex the Czech manufacturer of chisels has recently launched a few new tools in the carving area. Lee Valley and Highland Woodworking have them in stock. Pls dont get them from Amazon or soon there wont be a woodworking store left. Anyhow i...
  10. R

Cooking spatula

For some time now i have wanted to get to this project and try my hand at making a spatula out of wood. We have one in our kitchen that is a go to for all sorts of cooking. So i cut a strip out of a slab of European beech that i purchased originally for this very project. Here is where i am at...
  11. R

Bbq modification

Well to all of you this is a Bbq but to me its a Braai. lol Anyhow as part my my wedding gift to my son i gave him my barrel Bbq i made. Problem was transporting it in our fake pickup car (cough another SWMBO project) required that i cut it in half for transportation under the tonneau cover ...
  12. R

Quick Wood and Metal nightstand

Well i knew i should not throw anything away (says the hoarder to himself) however in an attempt to reform i tossed out a spare bedside table in our most recent move. Well Mil decided to come visit after the wedding so SWMBO ordered up a new nightstand or she would go out and buy one. So i...
  13. R

Cake stand

Well this is hardly what i would call fine woodworking but when it comes to family orders they never come about with much time to do. Had to make a cake stand for my oldest sons recent wedding. This is what SWMBO ordered up. Here is a pic of the cake
  14. R

Laugh of the Day

Hey its Monday so here goes... Lawyers should never ask a Southern grandma a question if they aren’t prepared for the answer. In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, “Mrs...
  15. R

Calgary Stampede ....

Just wondering if anybody else on the forum follows the action at the Stampede each year or am i the lone wanna be cowboy. I can tell you attending the event itself is most definitely on my bucket list. Oh man I was born in the wrong wrong place. Still trying to decide if its courage or...