Cake stand

Rob Keeble

Well this is hardly what i would call fine woodworking but when it comes to family orders they never come about with much time to do.

Had to make a cake stand for my oldest sons recent wedding.
This is what SWMBO ordered up.

IMG_0529.jpg

Here is a pic of the cake

dsc_0749.jpg

Dont think i mentioned it but Linda made the cake and did all the flower making.
She started two days prior to wedding in the kitchen of a house we rented about 1km from wedding.

She made 4 of the base cakes in two flavours chocolate and lemon in a marathon baking session that started at 6 am and by 8pm on the same day 6 doz eggs and 7 lbs of butter later she had them in the freezer ready for fondant. Next day 6 extra large bags of icing sugar got converted to fondant.

No stopping my wife when she gets a bee in her bonnet.

Had told her we could buy a cake but she was bent on making her sons wedding cake. Not even a bomb would have stopped her.

I have to admire her skill ,tenacity and determination but sometimes one creates super stress where its totally unnecessary.

Congratulations to Craig and Sara, and to you and Linda on an awesome cake and stand. :thumb: Few things can match the power of a mom on a mission. Best to help all you can or get run over!:D

Nice work on the stand Rob. Linda did a beautiful job on the cake, sounds delicious too. Congrats to all as well. I know weddings are stressful, but they usually lead to grand children and future memories so we can forget all the stresses of those days.