Chuckle to myself this am

Rob Keeble

So watching Rifleman this morning before i start the day.

So Lucas McCabe is walking round town while his son loads wagon with supplies.

Lucas always has his rifle in his hand.

So I said to Linda , how does he manage to do his shopping round town always carrying his rifle.

Then i thought just imagine, going shopping in your local village shops with your repeater rifle these days.

Oh boy just imagining what would happen had me laughing like crazy.

Uh, I hate to break the news to ya, but in Texas you can openly carry a long gun. Several other states as well. You might not get the best reception in some places but it is legal in many states.

Lol, Never know when some fresh meat may come running your way while shopping.

We can openly carry in Missouri if you have a conceal carry license and in many areas without the license, but not sure why one wouldn't just carry concealed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Virginia is an open carry state as well, but in the twenty some years we've been here have only seen one person do it (last week, actually). Maybe out in the rural areas it might be more common, but usually people don't advertise they are armed.

New Mexico is an open carry state as well. No license needed if it's open. (Need the license for concealed, though.) In some of the more rural areas, it's not too uncommon to see someone carrying openly, but it's more rare in the cities. It does happen, though. But I've never seen anyone carrying a rifle.

Little side story...I was having a burger a year or so ago at the local Whataburger, and as I often do, I was sizing up the other patrons to see if I could guess who might be carrying concealed and who might not. (I think a lot of us who carry play the same game in public places.) Sitting at one table near me were three guys in their late 20s to early 30s, all of whom were wearing stereotypical "gun guy" clothing. Cargo pants, bits of camo clothing, Bass Pro Shops logo caps, hunting boots, etc.) I remember thinking to myself "At least one of those guys is armed."

I nailed it. When they got up to leave, I saw that all three were open carrying full-sized pistols. :D

A couple of months ago, while I was at the Fort Worth VA Clinic, there was quite the commotion at the front entrance. This dumb guy who I guess had an open carry license, just strolled into the VA Clinic. I guess he was not too smart. He was surrounded by three Federal Protection Agency officers, weapons drawn, with him on the deck getting cuffed. Guess he forgot his license didn't apply to federal property. Dumb, Dumb.

i carried my colt mustang on my waist and my chiefs model 60 on my ankle for 25 years going everywhere, work, supermarket, mall, movies, kids colleges, vacation, (I sold off the 38)

had a mossberg 500 clilpped under the counter at work, dam, they never taught me anything about guns when I went to pharmacy school, but it is the way it is in big cities