Jool Tool

Rob Keeble

Anyone ever used or come across this tool perhaps in jewelry industry
https://jooltool.com/

Smaller discs similar to worksharp i guess designed more for polishing and abrading in Jewelry industry but for carving gouges i think it could be a winner specifically for small to tiny tools for detail carving.

Any thoughts check out the video on sharpening they have.

They are generally at any show you go to. It demonstrates really well if you get my meaning. The person demonstrating at one show was given a brad point bit to sharpen. She destroyed the geometry and made the bit useless but, if you didn't know what a drill was supposed to do it really looked good. Chisels and so forth sharpened up similarly. Very shiney and sharp looking. There is no reference surface so its all free hand. The irregularities of my ability to hold the cutter were reflected in my result but, maybe that's just me.

If you leave sharpening behind, it slices, it dices and polishes with a cable attachment that could be pretty useful if you didn't already have a powered cable tool. My powered cable hangs from overhead as opposed to setting on the bench and finds little use . . . I think the only reason I still have it is because it hangs out of the way :eek:. Since I have a powered cable/mandrel, I went with the WorkSharp 3K for the rest of the functions.

It is a well made little unit but, not inexpensive so it would not be an incidental purchase for me. Maybe someone who has had one for a while will chime in with how its use evolved once they had it in the shop.

Last edited:
Never heard of it before.

While watching the video, I was thinking, WOW, what an awesome video. VIDEO, ya know. They did an AWESOME job on the video.

The tool is really cool looking. Personally, I do like red anodizing.

Polishing is cool. I get a really nice SHARP chisel on my scary sharp. Not so sure about sharpening on that thing.

The rest of it. Hmmm - it "looks" cool.

Not sure if it would ever get used in my shop.

Looks like a gadget - I don't use gadgets.