Laugh of the Day

Rob Keeble

Hey its Monday so here goes...

Lawyers should never ask a Southern grandma a question if they aren’t prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand.

He approached her and asked, “Mrs. Jones, do you know me?”

She responded, “Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I’ve known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you’ve been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you’re a big shot when you haven’t the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.”

The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, “Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?”

She again replied, “Why, yes, I do. I’ve known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He’s lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can’t build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.”

The defense attorney almost died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, “If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I’ll send you to the electric chair.”

Have a good one. Laugh a bit we all need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good joke, but if you're going to copy/paste an email message onto the Interwebs, you might want to remove the confidentiality notice, phone numbers, and external email addresses first, lol. :D

Thanks Darren and Vaughn wow when i pasted i never saw any personal info.
Thanks for having my back.
Now i got to work out how that happened.
I specifically selected just the txt .....interesting.

Well it bothered me that i had put out addresses etc on this post.

So i worked out how this happened.

This joke was in an email sent to me by mil.

The senders info was way down the email.

I looked at the email on my phone in the phone screen did not see any info down at the bottom.
Needed to scroll way down.

So i did a select all for the txt but again due to screen size thought had only copied actual txt but select all went all the way to bottom of email and picked up the blurb at the bottom.

Now i know to watch for that if i do it again.

Interestingly the same kind of thing happened using tapatalk to make the post. I guess in the pasted copy again i never saw the addresses so only if i had checked the post after making it would i have seen a huge blank space and then the blurb at bottom.

Will be more diligent in future. But there is a lesson here for others. My mil happily blasts all she knows with something like this she gets. No use trying to change her i have tried.

For someone like her i need to make a new email address that she will propagate to the world as she seems to have done to the Podiatrist who seems to have sent this to her.

My wife was guilty of not sanitizing her 'forwards', but she's come around and is actually pretty good about it now. It's usually a problem with corporate or business people sending stuff out from their work computers, where they put their contact info on the end of business communications. I don't see a lot of signature tags on private e-mails these days.