Search results

1. Jonathan Shively

Friday, 2-9-24 Thread

Had to make sure it was Friday. Hello!!??? Anyone home?????? Cutting and splitting firewood by myself this weekend. Boys have obligations and the girls have church things. Supposed to be nice so instead of making hay while the sunshines, making firewood while the sun shines. You all stay...
  2. Jonathan Shively

Anyone know anything about Stu or our other Japanese Family Members?

As the title states, wondering if anyone knows or has had communications with any of our family members in Japan? Stu is the first one that comes to mind.
  3. Jonathan Shively

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

As the title states, "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!" In my ignorance, I do not know the other holidays by name but what it is you and yours believe and follow, may you and yours be blessed. Thank you all for the friendship, the exchange of information and knowledge gained. Jon
  4. Jonathan Shively

40 years ago

Been reading about all of you, well it is Lou Ann's and my turn. 40 years ago today, yep, we walked the aisle in the Lutheran Church. My "Uncle" (honorary/family friend since before my time) Uncle EM from Ashville, NC came up and did the entire ceremony except for the vows and the Indiana...
  5. Jonathan Shively

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Regardless when, where and who you celebrate with, hope it is a wonderful celebration of gathering together. Stay healthy and a safe my friends.
  6. Jonathan Shively

Another source of twisted 2x4's

Me: Why are all these 2x4s so warped? Lowes: Have you met our drivers?
  7. Jonathan Shively

So how many of you do this?

I'm sorry, I started watching these shorts/reelz. I figured what he was doing, but still surprised at the ending size.
  8. Jonathan Shively

Automatic Tablesaw Fence

I don't know how much, but sure was intrigued by this short video!
  9. Jonathan Shively

Fina Jo's 2023 4H Fair projects

Fina (rhymes with china) Jo is our 3rd grandchild and is Asleigh's Irish twin. Fina Jo wears hearing aids obviously to improve her hearing. She was always the quiet one but when she was in mini 4H she took hold of the lead strap for the dairy calf and went right in confidently showing it on...
  10. Jonathan Shively

Jon's Woodworking and Recycling projects for 2023 4H fair

Introducing Jonathan, aka Jon aka2 Jon Boy aka3 Critter. He is our fourth in line grandchild. This is Jon's first year of 4H. Like his siblings, he is a go getter. The past two years he would wash pigs at the wash rack for other 4H'ers for either a dollar or a shake then last year 2 dollars...
  11. Jonathan Shively

Ashleigh's 4H woodworking project, a bench

My first granddaughter, Ashleigh aka, Ash. She wanted to build a bench. She decided on a style finally last Wednesday. Lou took her to Lowe's Thursday morning and we built it Thursday afternoon evening. With the younger kids, I do not have the opportunities to take as many photos, so some...
  12. Jonathan Shively

Audrey at the Pig Scramble Pictures added

Audrey is the girl in pink. Last night (6-26-23) at the county fair. She is in mini 4H, will be in regular 4H next year. Used to be if you caught a pig the next year a farmer would give you a pig and you showed it, sold it and the money was your seed money for the following year...
  13. Jonathan Shively

2023 4H calves and kids

I have failed to post pictures of the kids and their calves and plan on doing a better job this year. Not a lot of woodworking, but this project creates woodworking projects in fixing fence/gates, making feeders, etc. Those of you in attendance at our Family Gathering will see how much the...
  14. Jonathan Shively

CJ's Wooden Wavy Flag 4H project

Calves are starting to come around as individuals and listening to the kids. So CJ and I broke away and I taught him how to use the sliding compound miter saw. He cut 15 2x4's to 41". I did not get any photos of that. Then my saw stop saw isn't here so to keep going I set up the planer and...
  15. Jonathan Shively

HAPPY Mother's Day!!!

To all the Moms and Mothers out there, HAPPY Mother's Day!!!! You are the best and some of the hardest workers around. Enjoy your day.
  16. Jonathan Shively

Making a sheath

Saw this YouTube video and didn't know if this is how you all make your knife sheaths. I found it cool and something I might try someday as I do have a sewing awl never been used.
  17. Jonathan Shively

New Hollowing Technique

Amazing no one has mentioned this hollowing technique before. :dunno::whistling:😱😲☠️
  18. Jonathan Shively

Showing off

I saw this the other day and thought a couple people on here might enjoy it. :cool::rolleyes::LOL:
  19. Jonathan Shively

Ohio members near Derailment

Just hoping and praying if any of you are near, that you and yours are safe.
  20. Jonathan Shively

Is this going to give SawStop any competition?

I saw this on an ag forum I visit and found it interesting. I imagine a small fortune at this point to purchase one.