Stu is out for a while....but is now back!

Well guys! I want to be woodworker not a clown:rofl::rofl: although I believe that wood dust affects positively our brain.

Making my friends laugh is as rewarding as woodworking and we have both here!!

Just see what a bunch of cheerful people we have gathered together"":D:D

I got a real Bang out of it too, Toni, and I know Stu has always had a good Sense of Humor.:thumb:

......and for Stu, keep on laughing, 'cause it's GOOD Medicine.:D

I'm Free, I'm Free :D:D:D:D:D

Yep, got my walking, OK, limping papers today! :thumb:

I'm home, will not be able to go to work for at least another week, no Dungeon time at all, at least I'm home, I'll be sleeping in my own bed, watching DVDs on my own TV :)

Thanks to all that e-mailed me, I have to tell you that was really a great pick me up, nice to get for sure, and thanks as usual to the staff here for taking on my responsibilities while I was out.

Cheers!

Thanks Mohammad, I am getting rest, I've got my leg propped up, I'm sitting in a comfy chair and typing with two hands in stead of one thumb :thumb: Life is good! :D

Some shots from the hospital.....

nurse_blood.JPG nurse_blood2.JPG nurse_miura.JPG
One of the nurses drawing blood for some of the many tests I had, and smiling for the camera. Most of the nurses were fairly shy and did not want their pics taken.

docs_sss.JPG docs_nurse_sss.JPG doc_leg_wrap.JPG nakajima_sensei_yoshida_kangofu_san.JPG

The docs doing the daily "Scrape Snip Scream" with me providing the screaming :eek:, well not out loud, but man it hurt, even with the pain meds. :doh:
The last pic is one of the nurses and one of my doctors, very competent, well trained, and they are easy on the eyes too :)

my_room.JPG
That is my spot in the ward, I bet I spent 23 out of 24 hours a day there, only up for a quick shower each morning to use the boys room, otherwise, in bed, leg ice and elevated.

mizuki_erika.JPG
My two lovely daughters came by to seem me when they could, Mizuki, on the left, is the younger daughter, but she is pointing out that she is the TALLER daughter :D

Not a chance this time Greg, I got to get this taken care of, my little stay in the hospital cost us $1400, we might, MIGHT get some of that back from our private insurance, but :dunno: Puts a real crimp in our plans to go to Canada in the summer, so I have to get this thing healed up.

:D:wave:

Stu,

Glad you're home. That alone can work wonders on both the body and psyche. I'm sure your wife is glad, too. Plenty of time to make dust after the doctor clears you. Get well.

:thumb: Good to hear your dedication, Stu... Keep up with the diet too, and you'll be amazed at how much better you will feel. (I need to do the diet thing too....again! :doh:)

Sorry about the expense, but it could have been more expensive if you hadn't taken care of it now...:eek:

Take care.

Hey Stu!

I'm glad you're back home and on your way to the final recovery!:thumb:

With so many nurses caring for you and your two beatiful daugthers around your bed you must have felt like being in heaven ( despite the scraping).

You should have brought a piece of wood and some shavings with you to the hospital to make you feel even more at home:) or should I say dungeon??:D

My two lovely daughters came by to seem me when they could, Mizuki, on the left, is the younger daughter, but she is pointing out that she is the TALLER daughter :D

Ahh, but is she taller than her mother? There is the humbling experience.

When I was growing up, it was just "natural" that kids would outgrow their parents. Now we're having our own kids, and I wonder how that will be. My oldest son, at 11, is almost wearing the same size shoes as his mom (and she is 5'10"!. Sorting out socks is getting tough. :rolleyes:

my little stay in the hospital cost us $1400, we might, MIGHT get some of that back from our private insurance, but :dunno: Puts a real crimp in our plans to go to Canada in the summer, ...

Universal Health Care, woo-hoo! Not.

Sorry to hear that, Stu, hope you get things worked out soon! It's going to be a great summer.

Hi Stu :wave:,
Just read thru this thread. Sorry I missed it somehow, must be selfishly doing my own thing. In 15 minutes you went in, had treatment, laid in bed without relief, typed with one hand and ate dim sung, got out, lost weight and $1400.00..Now resting comfortably at home..:) Hopefully there is some good you can see to this ordeal, and more good to come. Hopefully that trip will come off for you as expected. I know you want to get back to see your folks. Good luck and best wishes.
Shaz:)

Emiko is 167 cm tall (5'6") and my tallest daughter is 165 cm tall (5'5") but, that same daughter now wears 25.5 cm shoes, while my lovely wife Emiko wears only 24.5 cm, and we expect Mizuki to keep on growing for a while, she is 11 turning 12 in July, but that girl sleeps whenever she has a chance to, I think it is her body growing all the time. We get on her to have at least 9 hours a night of good sleep, more if possible.

The health care here is not bad at all, I'm not complaining, I think that if I went to a public hospital, the cost (to me) would have been about half that, but, it was about 30 minutes away from my house, which would make it very inconvenient for Emiko or the girls to come and see me, as it is still inside Tokyo, and there is no parking, and no subway close by so walking would be the only way to visit. As luck had it, the weather this last ten days was really rotten, it rained and rained, in fact on day, in a 12 hour period it rained nearly 5" here in Tokyo.

The other reason I went to this hospital is the doctor who treated a similar problem, but not near as bad, in 2001 is there, and she is a teaching professor and we know her from our kids going to school together, not a bad thing to know of of the professors on a first name basis, she also speaks English well, as she spent a while in the US.

We have private insurance to compliment the public insurance, and we hope to make a claim on that, as this was caused by an accident at work (no workers comp here at a family run business anyway).

Anyway, it is sure good to be home, my tallest daughter was off school today, tummy ache, so we spent the afternoon watching some DVD together, and then my eldest daughter came home from school, and did her homework, and went to the L shop to help my wife. I cooked dinner, (small serving for me!) and fed the two kids, then sent one of them with a serving for my wife at the shop. I know I'm not really pulling my weight, but at least I'm helping out somehow!

By the way, I'm down to 129 Kg from 135 Kg, just ten days ago! :thumb:

Cheers!