Stu is out for a while....but is now back!

Stu had a scan on his legs, and the doc said there was a bit of contraction, but if he looses some kilos, he'll be OK. Sooo...he's on 1200 cals a day for a while... His wife brought in a DVD player for him, so he's got something to watch.

It's good the hear he's improving, was starting to imagine the posts coming about turning peg legs. :D

Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits
You know with out him here for two weeks who are we going to pick on?
Bill maybe

I vote for picking on Bill for the interim. :rofl: :p

--MJ

I bet you two thought I wouldn't see that! Sheesh! ;)

Stu, you're missing all the fun! ;) Take your meds, and get back soon!

I know what it's like, I had a festering sore on my arm (from a procedure) a few months back. Couldn't figure out what smelled so bad... reminded me of a few dead rats I knew back in houston. Finally I sniffed around, and figured out it was me! Yuck!

Left two big red scars a couple inches apart, about the size of fang marks. So now I'm telling people who ask that it's an old rattlesnake bite from my youth out west. You can actually see them moving slowly towards the door when they hear that... ;)

So go ahead, be creative. You've got plenty of time to make something up... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Originally Posted by Chuck Thoits
You know with out him here for two weeks who are we going to pick on?
Bill maybe

I bet you two thought I wouldn't see that! Sheesh! ;)

See what? :dunno: :rofl: Aren't you supposed to be busy rigging up the Pope-mobile with wireless? Hey I can say that, I'm Catholic. ;)

As most of you know, the Pope is visiting Washington, DC, and Bill works at The Catholic University. His Doorlink will be singing at a mass, which is quite an honor... and for once the weather is cooperating with an important event, so it's truly a big time here. :thumb:

--MJ

Got this from Stu....

"Morning Greg

Now they are saying another week, by that time the infection should be under wraps and new skin growing. I sure hope so! I had a good night last night. My buddy Don suggested I get some ear plugs, so I did, WOW did I ever sleep well!

I have been following orders strictly, I only get out of bed about4 or 5 times a day. I've been on a strict 1200 calorie a day diet, not even any coffee!!!!!!
I do not doubt that I'll be dropping a few pounds :) I've already dropped 4kg! The biggest problem I am having is my body, especially my back, are sore from being in bed all the time :(

Stu"

Having to stay in bed for so long, is the pitts!

Here's his cell e.mail address again... stu.ablett@ezweb.ne.jp Send him a message, if you'd like.

Last edited:
For a guy who never stops moving like Stu, being confined to bed must be murder. Hang in there Stu and get better soon.

Best weight loss program I even went on was two weeks in the hospital. ;) I think the constant Demerol and zero appetite helped, though.

Hello from a hospital bed in Tokyo !
Thanks for all the e-mail, it sure helps with the boredom. Sorry my replies are so short, it takes a long time to type with 1 thumb on a cell phone keypad. I hope to be out this time next week.
Cheers!

The infection is pretty gross, and Stu asked me to NOT post the pic.... The doctors scrape the infected area, removing ..... and it's pretty painful, given the mild pain medicine he gets. :eek: Latest report was progress is "so so" and he's not quite sure when he'll be getting out. We all hope it will be soon, and he emails he gets helps keep his sanity...:doh:

Hey Stu!!

Are we going to see pics of your leg any time?? You know " no pics didn't happen"":rofl::rofl:

It seems that even using emoticons I was not able to convey the message properly or that it has been perceived as a bad taste coment.

Sorry, I apologize to Stu and all the rest, neither offence was intended at all nor wanting this forum become a gore forum instead of a woodworking forum.

My intention was to cheer up Stu, knowing how well he documents everything and it was a "tongue on cheek comment".

These are the tricky details of speaking a foreing language that sometimes escape my control.

Again, I apologize to anybody that might have been offended, it was not my intention at all. Next time ( which I hope there isn't) I'll think twice before posting.

Toni,

I hope you weren't thinking of my reply.... Your post, and comment about the "no pics, didn't happen" was taken in the joking manner I assume you meant it... No offense, and no apology needed at all.

Stu sent me the pic...it is gross :eek:, and even I won't look at it anymore... When I was going to post about his situation, Stu just asked me to not post the pic for the good of the forum...and member's keyboards...:eek: (that was long before your post...)

:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation Greg.

As you know sense of humour difers from country to country, and what is accepted in one is rejected in other, so I wanted to be sure I hadn't done anything wrong.
I'd rather give a non needed apology than loose a friend:)

In this case I'm glad it was me the one who got your comment wrong.
These are the disadvantages of not having of bodylanguage supporting our words.

Toni,

It's difficult to fully understand all people all the time, especially when you are not talking to them face to face. Come to think of it, even face to face, it can be a challenge with some people...:eek: :rofl::rofl:

One good thing is that on good forums, like FW, we get to be good friends, sometimes very good long time friends, before we ever meet. :thumb: I'm sure Stu will also get a kick out of your comment when gets out of the hospital and back on the computer.:D

:wave:

Last edited: