Search results

1. Dave Hawksford

Goood Morning FW Family

Great weekend instore , Jarrod walking the walk with Eleta. Today hair cut and Tux fitting. Jarrod has planned an evening tomorrow with all the guys. I'm hoping to get one last turkey hunt in tomorrow morning. Then there is a full work load at the shop. My next 2 weeks without Jarrod. O what...
  2. Dave Hawksford

This will be a funweek....tung in cheek

Jarrod is getting married Sunday. Nuff said. Something I wrote up for the rehearsal dinner. Sound good ?
  3. Dave Hawksford

Pet peeves

Noun, something that is particularly annoying to a person. I figure we all have one or 2 that either jurks out chain enough to say something about. I have one that even though the customer is , cough cough, if a customer wants to alter a vintage ,unusual, valuable piece of furniture, I have...
  4. Dave Hawksford

Gooooood Morning WW FAMILY ! FRIDAY 5/10/2024

Never shall there be another. Little hunting this weekend.littlw shop work. Yesterday in PA, I foraged a full bag of Mullein and need to get it on the drying racks. This is Jarrods last weekend before his marrage to Leta. Never seen him so happy. Almost wore my dinosaurs tooth around my neck...
  5. Dave Hawksford

Weather

I use Weatherbug and it very precise. I'm getting ready to walk out for a morning turkey waiting for the thundercells to pass. Looking over the mapping I did a global search of storms, I've never seen where its looks to be that over half the earth in covered in thunderstorms.
  6. Dave Hawksford

BG'S new mate

No name yet for her.she is an older hatch 2019, BG'S 2023
  7. Dave Hawksford

Friday 5/3/24

Now we are going to getthe rains, weatherman says. Supposedly I'm taking Skylar out foranother go at getting her a turkey. Jarrod, me and a couple friends coming out to the farm to help with the 17x14 sheed build this weekend. We got to get it built. I suppose to be heading to Raystown Sunday...
  8. Dave Hawksford

BG's new mate

He's been smitten with this Cougar hatched in 2019. BG's 6-7 months.
  9. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/26 ! 24 O My

Another week just about in the books. I have a mate for BG but need her to get settled in before I introduce him to her cage. Jarrod and I will be putting up a 14x17 medal structure tomorrow. And work on the farm.
  10. Dave Hawksford

Simple Pleasures

Good hot cup of Black coffee. Leaving for work while lights are still blinking. Sitting in quite peace before the world wakes up.
  11. Dave Hawksford

Morning everyone.

Morning ! I don't know if you all are as beat up as I feel. Rigorous weekend in the Turkey woods. 1 bird for me two for my old hunting parter of 60 years. Instead of the weekend being a time to rest I'm back to work and finding it as a time to rest to support my weekends in the woods...
  12. Dave Hawksford

Another Doozy.....

Started cleaning this later 1600 painting. Heat damage and lot's of Garnet shellac. Cleaned the center area to about 80 % and move to the right upper corner. This customer has me doing some period damage furniture that I'll post when I get to each one.
  13. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/19/24 GOOD MORNING FWC

Been a busy week with another wave of some awesome antiques coming into the shop. More of the art type restoration on them. Saturday&Sunday morning Back in the turkey for either my 3rd in Va or 2nd in MD. Jarrod is off for a Batchelors party in NC. Shelly and I are still waiting on the new...
  14. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/12/24

Good morning from the shop. Rain day. But very busy weekend. Turkey hunt tomorrow in Va. then Sunday taking my granddaughter Turkey hunting for her 1st time. I'm so looking forward to this.
  15. Dave Hawksford

Friday 4/5/24

Farm work this weekend. Body is feeling the tiredness of my adventure finally. Lot of shop work to catch up on also.
  16. Dave Hawksford

Florida Hunt , What a Story

My friend Gro and I hunted the Green Swamp again. My friend Mike set me up about 150 yards in the swamp . It's about 10:30 and nothing gobbling so I decided to head back to the truck. Took a wrong turn walking out and one thing lead to another. I'M LOST ! walking for hours, Trip and fell from...
  17. Dave Hawksford

Good Morning Friday 22nd

Been a great week. Preparing for Florida trip on Tueday this weekend. Be in the shop with customers dropping off and picking up.
  18. Dave Hawksford

Sunday project in the shop

Repair tear, clean then touch ups
  19. Dave Hawksford

Friday 03/15/2024 is in the books

It's been a good week. Accept for being sick. Shelly An I did go see little shop of horrors last night at Ford's theater with Jared and Leta. I'm hoping to get to the farm sometime this weekend to till about 1/acre. Besides that. Nothing planned.
  20. Dave Hawksford

I know I've said this before

I can not tolerate CATs! I spent last Saturday night at my son Jon's who has cats. I am just now getting over a lung infection. I don't hate cats just can't deal with the dander. It's as bad as wood dust for me.