Morning everyone.

Morning !
I don't know if you all are as beat up as I feel. Rigorous weekend in the Turkey woods.
1 bird for me two for my old hunting parter of 60 years.
Instead of the weekend being a time to rest I'm back to work and finding it as a time to rest to support my weekends in the woods.
Have a great week.
A friend who is closer than a brother. Phil.

Attachments

• 20240421_110036.jpg
    20240421_110036.jpg
    931.4 KB · Views: 6
Good morning Dave. Erik set up the blinds for them (they had 3 set up in case). This past weekend was the Youth Hunt. Erik had to work so Tess took Audrey out. Their Saturday morning hunt was filled with birds but not a clear shot at one specific bird. Had 2 groups of 5 mature Toms and a flock of 15 jakes off and on for 3 hours. They went to another farm and Audrey got this big guy. Shooting a 410 and a killer shell. 12" beard, 1" spurs, didn't get a weight on it. Audrey and Tess 2024 Turkey.jpg

I will do so. Yeah, they are outdoors people for sure. She found out their taxidermist liked the hearts so every deer Audrey will cut the. heart loose and put it in a bag for him. She did this for a couple of years before her first year of hunting. He always gives her at least $50.00 off of her bill for the hearts given to him. Told mom had some people wanting the recipe for the turkey legs. When she gets it done will find and copy it for you and post here. She had forgotten she ever made it from turkey (been doing it for the last 12 years for us. She has her health and most memories. Life is good.

Tess went out on her own yesterday afternoon. Do not know the particulars but she has to work this weekend so she got her Tom. Girls got it done before Eric this year, although kudos for him setting up blinds. I do remember around 10" beard and spurs shorter than Audrey's. By the way, Audrey is the current record holder on beard length in their house at this time! Eric has a double bearded mount. Tess has the heaviest at 26 or 27 pounds.

Tess' '24 turkey.jpg