Search results

1. Dan Noren

let the fun commence!!!

today, on the first of 2 days off, got all the elm cut to length for 5 large advent candle holders, 5 celtic cross candle holders, and 15 jerusalem cross candle holders (elm with walnut smaller crosses). got a couple of last laser tests in too.
  2. Dan Noren

found something to do with some left over wood

i was originally going to do the advent candle holders in pine, then laser, but, could not get all of the cupping out (very slight now). then, it hit me, time to resurrect an old project. these will be the new version of rednece 10 commandments. cut the length down to 10 inches, and scorched the...
  3. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

a few years back, i had a local meat market make up a batch from a recipe that i had found. they were good, but not quite what i was looking for. this time around, i found a recipe for a garlic polish sausage, and brought the garlic, and spices to the local meat market again. good thing i added...
  4. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

i decided to give engraving cork coasters a try. after testing, i find i am not too fond of the new year one.
  5. Dan Noren

i want one of these for my birthday....

yea! we sell them....
  6. Dan Noren

something for a customer...

a customer and i were talking the other day, and i came up with this idea for a custom challenge coin for him. this is on a 2 inch diameter disk.
  7. Dan Noren

new version of wooden nickels

decided on a final version of the wooden nickel.
  8. Dan Noren

making the bottle openers a little better

i'm surprised that i had not started this one earlier. during the last patch of nice weather, took off all of the bottle opener hardware, and the hanging twine, and took them for a ride on the helical eraser (planer). i then did up all the designs for use on the laser. i started lasering them...
  9. Dan Noren

2024 new advent candle holder design

since i cannot get ahold of the usual supplies of walnut and maple, going with the select pine. only problem, cannot use the tall candles. so, as they say, necessity is a mother, and i came up with a new design. fun part is that it will use both the cnc, and laser. cnc to cut the outer edges...
  10. Dan Noren

2024 batch of wind chimes

since the redneck windchimes sold pretty good, another batch is in the works. i have all the brass needed (.308 winchester), removed the primers (fired brass of course), threaded the lengths of string through them, cut all of the strings for the blank one, and the twine for the hangers on the...
  11. Dan Noren

merry christmas!

merry christmas to all! capon is in the oven. next progress pic in about 3 hours....
  12. Dan Noren

another new project for next spring

we lost an older uncle due to illness, in the wee hours of thanksgiving day. as he was army, he had a flag on the casket. pop, being the oldest, was given the flag. i have decided to make a display case for it. the wood to be used, is nicely figured quartersawn white oak, and will be finished...
  13. Dan Noren

19 years ago tomorrow....

you guessed it!
  14. Dan Noren

a work in progress....

a bit ago, my oldest nephew sent me a message with a picture of a certain type of chess board. he wanted to know if i could make one similar. since 50 cal. brass is rather expensive, we agreed to go with the various sizes of brass for the pieces. the pieces were going to be polished brass, and...
  15. Dan Noren

cribbage board conundrum....

got an email from the customer who i gave that lake superior cribbage board. he and his family love it, and it has been used a lot. one thing he mentioned, is that the boards they have usually used were clockwise, and the ones i make are counterclockwise. does this really make a difference, or...
  16. Dan Noren

newest batch of dollar bill flippers

finally got them done before shutting down for the winter....
  17. Dan Noren

first attempt....

at making ogórki kiszone, polish pickles. basically brine preserved cucumbers. basically, salt water, cucumbers, horseradish root, bay leaf, garlic, mustard seed, and dill weed. according to the recipe, should be ready to try in a couple of weeks.
  18. Dan Noren

items for work

they are having a halloween pumpkin decorating contest at work. i volunteered to make the 1st-3rd place awards. i also thought that this would give me the chance to do something new with the laser. got the pumpkin shapes from hobby lobby, and between vcarve, and lightburn, created the design...
  19. Dan Noren

start of 2024 state fair clock 2

while all else was going on, took the clock face for a test burn. got it awfully close, and only had to make some minor changes.
  20. Dan Noren

cribbage board prototype

now for some fun with the laser! a customer came in with a form of this on his sweater, and it hit me as a great idea for the center of a cribbage board. i told him as much, and we agreed that as it would be a prototype, and practice for me, and he was a big cribbage player, he could have the...