New Shop Journey

Hey look a backhoe.. Someones about to find the unrecorded communications lines! :D

:lurk: :lurk:
Funny you should say that. There are two power pole "stumps" in the back part of the property. They were cut down and cut into 2 foot sections and stacked next to the stumps. Unfortunately they sat there for untold years and the creosote treated pole pieces had actually started to rot out. I tossed them all about a year ago but, the "stumps" remain and are rock solid.

Unfortunately they sat there for untold years and the creosote treated pole pieces had actually started to rot out

Ugh, yeah there's probably some unpleasant contamination lingering there. I'd be tempted to plant one of the high arsenic uptake plants (some ferns - brake ferns mostly I think.... often invasive.. or indian mustard) around that area and harvest it off for the trash for a few years to reduce the contamination levels a bit.. And with the backhoe.. you could get the stumps pulled (they may go down as far as 8-10 feet from what I've seen).

Uh, whats up with the short sleeves shirts? We are in the middle of an ice storm here.
The official Christmas Day attire around here is shorts, tanks and sandals. I can, however, be in the snow or at the beach in just over an hour if I wanted to visit. Having grown up here I have had plenty of both to last the balance of my golden years ;-)