Drones

it is not a license per se but it is a ?legal? document that you can provide in the case that some law enfor
Leo I believe you are referring to the FAA TRUST certification. Here is the actual FAA ruling on the issue.

"The law requires that all recreational flyers pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and provide proof of passage if asked by law enforcement or FAA personnel. The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) was developed to meet this requirement. "

as for the You Tube thing here is what I have found.

"You may have been been flying recreationally when you shot the video, but as soon you post that to your monetized account, you are required to have part 107. If your account is not monetized, no need for 107. "The FAA Part 107 regulations are rules for drone operations for commercial purposes."

Yes TRUST is what I was refering to.

I cannot "trust" the FAA to recognise that a channel is not monetized. Some day you get monitized and a video that was posted 2 - 3 or 10 years ago when the channel was not monitized but now it is monitized can become an issue.

fine line there

My goal IS to become monitized at some point. My goal is also to get part 107.

Leo I believe you are referring to the FAA TRUST certification. Here is the actual FAA ruling on the issue.

"The law requires that all recreational flyers pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and provide proof of passage if asked by law enforcement or FAA personnel. The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) was developed to meet this requirement. "...
Ah, the good ol' FAA. A bureaucratic regulatory agency making regulations and calling them "laws". Much like the BATFE does with firearms. I'll stop now...otherwise I'll be stepping outside the forum CoC. ;)

Everyone here is missing the point here.........all this drone regulation is just a smoke screen. The real story is REMOTE ID is a covert operation to save the planet from global warming and advance the green agenda.
I consulted with my technical advisor Rube Goldberg , here is the real story.
Remote ID will tell big brother how much you are flying your drone. From that data they intend to extrapolate the energy usage to charge your drone as well as the thermal energy the motors contribute to global warming while flying your drone. Then everyone with a drone will have to buy carbon credits to offset the damage your drone flying is adding to the green initiative and the overall temperature rise globally. If you don't comply they will pull you 107 license. I don't know about all of you but I am going right out today to to stock up on Reynolds aluminum foil the NO FUN POLICE are coming !!!!!!!! :bliss::rofl::bonkers:
calabrese55

Attachments

• 5vdpmb.jpg
    5vdpmb.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2
Ah, the good ol' FAA. A bureaucratic regulatory agency making regulations and calling them "laws". Much like the BATFE does with firearms. I'll stop now...otherwise I'll be stepping outside the forum CoC. ;)
The drone licensing thing reminds me of the days of the CB radio. They were supposed to be registered and licensed. For what purpose I never understood. My theory is if the Gub'ment hires someone to write regulations, that is exactly what they will do. Back in the day when I had my stores in Indiana we had to record and report the serial numbers of every car tire we sold. I once bought for myself a rubber life raft and had to fill out a form and register it with some obscure Federal agency. Not understanding why, I actually called them and asked. The response was 'you don't watch many movies do you? Imagine what a spy could do with one of those.' Really, that was the response. Regulations/laws built on "imagine". Over the line? Hope not. I'll behave now.

So if I get a drone just to fly over the farm to do better scouting, still need a license ?
There are a couple guys here who fly drones with the heat camera to look for down deer. Good little side hobby.

Last edited:
Dave if you are NOT doing anything that could be considered selling or trading drone services (aerial photography etc) and only fly it in daylight hours and if the farm is not in controlled airspace and not over people then yes you can fly a drone without a license. If the drone weights over .55 pound you would need to register it BUT it is only a $5 fee so that is no biggy.

Dave if you are NOT doing anything that could be considered selling or trading drone services (aerial photography etc) and only fly it in daylight hours and if the farm is not in controlled airspace and not over people then yes you can fly a drone without a license. If the drone weights over .55 pound you would need to register it BUT it is only a $5 fee so that is no biggy.
Sorry. Strongly disagree. Anytime Big Gub'ment wants to register anything we do it is a 'BIGGIE' in my opinion. We do not need, or welcome government tracking or control of our lives. Stop me before I say what I am really thinking.................

Dave. You do not need a part 107 license for what you are suggesting. If I remember correctly, the resistration is not mandantory, but I did that stuff over a year ago so I may be wrong.

I do recommend that you get the TRUST from FAA. It is very basic and very easy to do. It is a easy online test.