Drones

I wonder how the law/regulation would be enforced if one does not register. :unsure:
well if you don't want to operate in a controlled airspace and as long as you don't crash it and hurt someone you could probably get away with it just like driving a car without a license.
Don's right. The FAA doesn't have the manpower to have teams running around the country in black vans looking for unregistered drones. But fly one over a crowded football stadium (controlled airspace) or injure your neighbor as you're filming their backyard pool party, and you'll probably hear from the Feds.

One thing to note Frank is many drone that exceed the .55 pound max weight limit come equipt with remote ID system where the drone transmits the drones serial number. My Min 4 has a feature where if I put in the extended life smart battery which put it over the weight limit activate this feature.
Pretty much an onboard IFF system.

Pretty much an onboard IFF system.
Pretty much, a friend of mine who is are retired Army air traffic controller now work for the department off corrections says they have systems in place that will detect traffic 10 miles around the prison. He says they use it to detect smugglers trying to sneak contraband into the prisons it will match the serial number of the drone to the owners and they can track down the owners of the drones. I can also see air traffic controllers using it when operating in any controlled air space.

Last edited:
Yeah its all about rules and regulations. Lots of folk get away with lots of stuff and we do NOT like good old uncle sam breathing down our necks. Lots to be said about all of it.

For me, I am not at all interested in going up against any of the regulatory systems in court. I have won on parking, speeding tickets and I have lost. It's just a pain in the backside. not worth it. All of it sucks.

Like wearing seatbelts - just do it.

Write letters to the politicians to complain - empty ears.