Cherry Sideboard

Gorgeous piece of work! Love the details.

It'd be really cool to see it after the cherry has had a couple years to age in.

I actually kind of like the knobs, although I might have gone with dark (ebonized) wood ones myself.. I can see all the arguments here for all of the options though.

Love it. The level of figure in that material really gives the piece a unique look. The one in the magazine uses a very consistent grained material IIRC. It looks fine but yours really pops. The natural color shift of the cherry will only make this piece more and more majestic over the years. Beautifully done!

...I think I could actually make money doing this stuff if I could figure out a way to get my butt in gear and build them twice as fast! :rofl::rofl: This one took two months working on it 3 days per week.
I suspect woodworking for profit is about like playing music for profit. Very few actually make any real money...the rest of us do it for the love of the craft and hope to make enough to at least cover expenses, and maybe buy a few new tools/toys.