Recent content by Chuck Ellis

1. Chuck Ellis

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

We were share croppers when I was first born and in my pre-teen years... one of the places we worked had a huge fig bush sitting right in the front yard...'course were in east Texas, so winters weren't all that harsh. Another place we lived had a huge oak tree that was completely covered by a...
  2. Chuck Ellis

Hoarding wood...

I have 4 or 5 hammers, one from my father, one from my former father in law, one from my late wife's mother, one from a guy my brother in law hired to help me put a new floor and floor joists in my mother in laws house... (he was a drunk and drug user, but did know carpentry which I had some...
  3. Chuck Ellis

I hate meeses to pieces....

Maggie, our part Jack Russel and what ever loved to bring squirrels and rabbits to the front porch ... she was kind enough to keep the skunks in her part of the yard. As for the meeses, for a while I had a 4 or 5 foot black snake living under my shop... he kept the little varmits away and I...
  4. Chuck Ellis

Goat Weed-Eaters

Dianne always wanted to get a couple goats, but I told her no... she would want to name them and then we could never eat them. Same with chickens.
  5. Chuck Ellis

The reality of being old

I don't consider myself as old... I've just been here a long time. I was 2 1/2 months old when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.. And I forgot to take my pencil sharpener down in the shop when we moved... gonna miss that old and I do mean old school style pencil sharpner.
  6. Chuck Ellis

Maybe getting settled in...

During this move, I've come to the sad conclusion that I'm probably a borderline hoarder... still trying to fit 10 lbs of Stuff in a 3 pound bag. I should be very comfortable here... the house is small and we're about the same age... we'll get to be old friends.
  7. Chuck Ellis

Being from Texas originally, an hour and half if "ust over yonder"
  8. Chuck Ellis

I've made the big move from Tennessee to North Carolina to be closer to my son after Dianne passed.. Moved over her the end of February and still waiting for the house sale in TN to close... should happen next week. Jason bought an 80 year old house for me, newly refurbished and ready to move...
  9. Chuck Ellis

Happy St. Patrick's Day

John Murphy, one of my supervisors when I worked at TWA told me once "There are two kinds of people in world.... The Irish and those who wish they were Irish."
  10. Chuck Ellis

Happy St. Patrick's Day

The Irish need a song to drink by??
  11. Chuck Ellis

Friday 2/16/2024

Finishing up with my packing getting ready for move to North Carolina to be near my son. Ran out of steam for today, so will likely have to finish a couple of more boxes in the shop when Jason arrives... think he's planning to be here later today or tomorrow with a trailer for first load...
  12. Chuck Ellis

Perspective

I was born about 2 1/2 months before Pearl Harbor, so don't remember much about WWII... my dad was a farmer with 2 kids at the start and don't know if he tried to enlist or not... I think two of his brothers served, not sure as they never talked about it... his older brother was an engineer with...
  13. Chuck Ellis

Just saw this

Probably need 2.... :D
  14. Chuck Ellis

Some fun pictures

I liked the Zebra pictures...reminded me a of a story I read about why Zebras are stripped.... it confuses the flies and they don't know where to land.
  15. Chuck Ellis

sawdust on ice for anti-slip

My first wife was sorta short sighted.... I used to tell people she needed her glasses to find the floor in the morning.