Hoarding wood...

Hey now…she makes it quite clear, she says “what is mine is mine, and what is yours is mine.”

So I know it’s her money that I’m spending. ;)
Well, it is good to see that she has things under control. My wife explained the money situation to me many years ago. I think I may have written a couple of dozen checks in 50 years of marriage. I have my own checking account into which I deposit the proceeds from my sales of wood items. I have written very few checks from it, probably 5 or 6. She pays any bills I incur for woodworking from that account.

But that is all okay. I make all the important decisions at our house. She tells me which ones are important.

I manage the finances. We do not have "my" or "her" money. Only the house budget - one bucket. She gets what she wants as do I. However I manage the budget.

Diane does not get involved in my shop at all, just me and I don't get involved in her crafts al all except to take a few pics of her stuff from time to time.

Second big load loaded... Not a lot of wood.. only 4 medium tubs that were kinda in the road.

But I did get one bucket of my hammer collection included.. There are several more tubs ofc... Please tell me I'm not the only one with a hammer collection?

I have a wonderful collection of hammers. My collection includes three antique Estwing straight and claw hammers that belonged to my father; cross pein and straight pein hammers for forging that belonged to my grandfather on my mother's side; framing hammers from my father; claw hammers from my father and both grandfathers; a cute little 12 oz. straight claw hammer; a 4 oz. claw hammer that belonged to my grandmother; three tack hammers from my grandfather on my father's side; a planishing hammer that belonged to my grandfather; ball peen hammers from tee-tiny to three and four pound monstrosities; brass hammers that I use in building knives including one in the shape of a ball peen hammer; a copper hammer I bought at a yard sale that only weighs a few ounces; two fist mauls; three dead blow hammers of different weights; a shingle hammer; a rock hammer; wooden mallets that I turned; rubber mallets (that I use on my wife :p); plastic hammers; a slag hammer that I built when I was working as a helper in the steel fabrication shop and last but not least a Jean Luc Picard hammer.

I almost forgot, I have hammers that I have never used, they just hang on the pegboard in my shop. I am sure I have left some out because I have hammers in my shop, in the garage portion of my shop and in the garage attached to the house and some in tool boxes here, there and everywhere.

. Please tell me I'm not the only one with a hammer collection?
I have 4 or 5 hammers, one from my father, one from my former father in law, one from my late wife's mother, one from a guy my brother in law hired to help me put a new floor and floor joists in my mother in laws house... (he was a drunk and drug user, but did know carpentry which I had some vague ideas of) and one that doesn't have a handle in it, but "someday" I'll put a new handle in and then will have 5 or 6 in my collection...

" I'll put a new handle in and then will have 5 or 6 in my collection.
Handles are a fun project. I've done a few hand carved, a few turned round then shaped.. but the most fun ones are if you do them on three axis on the lathe (once to round, then to either side to get the flatter/oval sides). It's kind of a fun and relatively easy introduction to off center turning (at least it didn't seem to hard.. I haven't really pushed the off center stuff further yet so I'm not sure how hard it is relatively speaking :) )