The uploaded image is too big

Thanks, Darren. Now I can post photos direct from my smaller studio cameras without the need to reduce their size. Not that I post that many photos here anyway.

Here is a photo that I took about a week ago. It was just a "test shot" experiment to see if I could control the size of a studio strobe to a small enough diameter to light only the flowers, but everyone who sees it seems to like it. Of course, there is some light spillage and reflections when using a light this bright, so the vase and table top are visible, but it helps with perspective.

Some of my previous and following test shots eliminated the table and vase, but the shots weren't as interesting for others to look at. Learning how to Control light is the most important part of photography. It's even more important than the camera used, although I did use a 35 megapixel Canon Camera for this. The attached photo has not been altered in any way and is direct from the camera in Jpeg Format, so this was my test to see if a photo this size would post here. It uploaded OK, so next step is to see if it also posts.

Charley

Attachments

• Roses In Vase IMG_0002.JPG
    Roses In Vase IMG_0002.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 12
Now, how many of you printed my photo and then gave it to your wife, or significant other? It's OK! I'm hoping that you do it...
I really like the way you lit that scene, Charley. :clap: I'd say your experiment worked splendidly.

I can't remember the last time I printed a photo for myself. I did have a 30" poster made of my recent eclipse composite image, but aside from that I pretty much view (and share) my photos electronically these days. It makes it easier to catalog and find them, but on the other hand, it encourages me to save way too many images.