Need a Little Help

Dave Hoskins

I am having problems finding those rubber bumper things you screw into flat jaws. Not for the longsworth but regular flat jaws like Nova, Oneway, etc. The supplier I used to get them from seems to no longer have them. Craft Supplies don't seem to have them, either. So, if someone knows where I can order them from I would appreciate knowing. That is as long as I don't have to order them from China, that is. And, for the wise guys out there, no rubber buggy baby bumpers either!

I'm actually not sure what you're looking for here but am intrigued.. :unsure:

Are you looking for something like the Nova Soft jaws?

Or something else.. could you adapt rubber stoppers like these to work?

Thanks, Johnathon. Penn State is where I've been getting them before. The ones I am looking for are like that but the smaller ones, like 1/2", 3/4", and I think they called them beveled. The small ones are the ones I can't seem to find. I sent them an email, but don't expect to hear from them until tomorrow.

These are not the same shape as the OEM buttons that came with your Cole Jaws but they do work. I have a set and have used them for many items.

1653930539050.png

Packard also offers these OEM buttons at a higher price.

1653930636280.png

Hope this helps. Brad Packard is a class act and provides great service.

Yes, Jonathan. I did. And I thank you all. Mike, I have a set of those you are talking about. The reason I don't use them is they are so hard, there is no give in them at all. At least the set I bought a few years ago at a Woodcraft store. Now I know where I can get all of the replacements I need. Appreciate it all guys!

Ok yeah so cole jaw bumpers :D So I've definitely used rubber stoppers from the homebrew supply for those.

The black bungs are sturdier than the white bungs but the white ones are softer so depends on what you want. That's what happens when there's a homebrew shop in town but not a woodworkers shop :rolleyes: I think somewhere around a #2 - #4 stopper worked pretty well if I recall correctly... easier if you can wander down and see them first hand...