VCarve Pro Box Maker Gadget

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I've been working on organizing my music room so that this winter I can have folks over for jamming and hopefully doing some recording.

I've got 2 soundcraft mixers, a 24 channel and a 16 channel. Well, I don't need both of them out and about at the same time, but I didn't have any kind of case for the 16 channel one.

I noticed that Vcarve Pro has a box maker gadget, so thought I'd give that a shot.

Have to say it works great. Just need to come up with some sort of latch for this box Might just use some magnets glued into the lid and sides.

1697405241504.png1697405255096.png

The other thing I've started using (that is probably old hat to you more experienced guys) is the Job Setup Sheet. I had been just making some notes on a card and taking it to the shop, but this is so much more informative and useful.

1697405476441.png

That is really cool Brent. I used the job sheets a couple of times but that was long ago.. On the job we created setup sheets for the programming that went out to the shop floor and they were invaluable.

I do programming for a client and never gave him a job sheet, but I should do that for him.

The box is really cool. I could use a few of them.

The job sheet sounds like a good idea, I have used it on a few setups to keep things straight.

So I'm curious about the box joints? Did you have to trim up inside corners manually to make them fit?

2 things.
1) They use a 'dog bone' corner to make the box joints fit without having to trim the corners.
2) There is an allowance you can specify to make the joints fit a little better. It basically widens out the joint for a looser fit.

On this one I forgot the allowance and had to do a bit of sanding to get the joints to fit.