Unexpectedly exceptional customer service

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I've been using a Bessey STC plunger type clamp in a specific jig for about 10 years. This past month I went to adjust the tension on the jig and the casting that holds the set screw snapped. A bit disappointing since is not a cheap clamp. None-the-less, I thought I would contact Bessey and at least let them know. I did not expect what happened. They responded by asking a few questions about the use and how it came to fail. I sent them pictures and admitted that I might just have been trurning the screw too hard. Not a problem, they said, we'll send you a new one under the limited lifetime warranty.

I was impressed and, today, was very happy to receive the replacement clamp. Well done Bessey!

IMG_2710.JPEGIMG_2709.JPEG

Glad to see they took good care of you. Bessey has always seemed like that type of company. (Although I do miss the 12 Days of Bessey giveaways.)

?? I believe that is going on right now. Have you checked their FB page?
Ah, they did start it. 👍🏼I checked a few days ago and only saw posts from 2021. Thanks for the update. Looks like they're running it in tandem on Instagram. I don't spend any time on Instagram, but I've dusted off my old account and will be entering in both places. I can always use more Bessey products.

Last edited:
The instructions say to like the Facebook page and post the comments on Instagram. Seems a bit strange.
And on Instagram it says to like and comment there. :huh: I suspect they'll be drawing from both pools. (Both places are saying the winners will be announced January 3rd on Instagram.)

I can't help but wonder if they're missing a big chunk of their demographic by centering their promo on Instagram. It seems to (old fogey) me that FB is generally an older demographic than Insta. Maybe their market research has found that us old guys aren't buying many clamps these days so they're shooting for a younger audience?