Tiger Stadium seat restoration project.

John Pollman

I've got a lot of work ahead of me.
These seats came out of Navin Field, aka Briggs Stadium, and then Tiger Stadium, in Detroit, MI. I have probably seven or eight of them. Some assembled plus a few extra castings to make more. They belong to a buddy and he wants me to restore them. I've had them sitting in the basement for a long time. I think it's time to take a close look at the stuff and formulate a game plan. It's TS1.jpgTS2.jpgTS3.jpgNOT a weekend project, but it may not be too bad. I have some ideas and if they work out, these are gonna be sweet!

Cool project...I'm looking forward to watching this one. I know the back slats are curved, but looking at the second photo in particular, it looks like the seat itself is sculpted a bit too. Any idea yet how you'll do that part?

Cool project...I'm looking forward to watching this one. I know the back slats are curved, but looking at the second photo in particular, it looks like the seat itself is sculpted a bit too. Any idea yet how you'll do that part?
They are flat slats, but the front and back ones are slightly sculpted. They bolt to a bracket/hinge. That's where you get the curve.