Tiger Stadium seat restoration is underway.

John Pollman

Well, I'm finally making progress on my Tiger Stadium Seat restoration project. I've got 2-1/2 days of work into assessing, disassembling, and preparing to take everything to the sandblaster. (still getting quotes) While they are being sandblasted, I'll be doing a lot of resawing, forming, shaping, and assembling all of the woodwork for the folding seat and backrest portions. There are eight individual and unique slats for each of the seats. I have enough hardware for nine completed seats in total. Gonna be busy for a while. I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished product.

TS seat hardware.jpg

If the quotes are too high, might look at the HF blast cabinet if you have a decent sized compressor to run it. They are about $230, but can get them on sale from time to time. They have sand material. I get glass bead media from ebay (#13) which works well and doesn't pit the material.

If the quotes are too high, might look at the HF blast cabinet if you have a decent sized compressor to run it. They are about $230, but can get them on sale from time to time. They have sand material. I get glass bead media from ebay (#13) which works well and doesn't pit the material.
I've got a sufficient compressor. I have a sandblaster and a soda blaster, but this is a ton of work. I considered getting a blast cabinet, but these are over a hundred years old, so I guarantee that there is lead paint on all of it. I don't mind spending $200-$300 to get it done. It's worth it to me.

Took a chance on a $27 router bit from Amazon, and I'm impressed. It works great for the job I bought it for. I know it won't last as long as a better quality bit, but the one I want is $200. I'll bite the bullet when that time comes. I'm building a bending form for a restoration project I'm working on. I had to cut 16 pieces for the form, eight convex and eight concave. Once I had the templates the way I wanted them, it took no time to fabricate the rest of the pieces. I was able to cut two pieces at a time with the template.
Flush cut bit.jpgBend form 1.jpgBend form 2.jpg