Self Closing Door Hinge with "Stay-Open" Detent?

glenn bradley

This is an odd one but, we have so many clever and experienced people here . . . I have a hollow core door on a pantry. I would like a self closing hinge that has a "stay open" detent at 90 degrees or so. I have found hinges that have a "self close" zone that is from 0 - 90 degrees and then from 90 degrees outward. This sounds like just what I need but they are all from companies that I have never heard of and who may not exist in a week or two. Example.

What say the collective?

You're doing ONE pantry door, and the hinges are available TODAY for a reasonable price. Buy them while you can.
HAHAHAHA! I know what you mean. There is no long term product availability anymore it seems. I frequently tell the wife; if you like it and think you will ever need another one, buy them now.

Interesting. We have doors in a hallway that have magnetic door stops that serve the same function but you have to give them a real tug to break the magnetic pull. This might be a good substitute and also provide for self closing.

Hmmmmm, stay open until job completed and then close hands free. Grandma's pantry door had that type of hinges. Door opened and stayed where placed, coming out with hands/arms full a gentle nudge with a toe and viola! door closed. :whistling: :ROFLMAO: Yes, I am feeling much better.