screen moved

Frank Fusco

There are several knowledgable computer types here. I need help. Several days ago my browser (Opera) opened with a space on the left side. Meaning about 1" of the browser screen is off the monitor to the right. I have searched settings until I'm exhausted but cannot find a fix. BTW, it will not drag left even though I get the double ended arrow.

Can you drag the screen to a new position? In windows system at the top right , just to the left of the X is a symbol that looks like book pages. Click on that and see if your window fills the screen.

When you try to drag it to the left, are you grabbing the edge (the double arrow thing) or on the top of the window? Can you move the window by grabbing the top?

You might also try temporarily changing the resolution of your monitor. If you set it to a larger size, you may be able to get to the upper right corner to resize the window.

Try this:
Hold down the Shift key, then right-click on the icon of the browser you are using in the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen. In the menu that pops up, select the Move option, then use the arrow keys to move the window to a point where you can see the X and the pages thingy next to it at the top of the window. You should now be able to resize the window with the arrows or hit the pages next to the X to go full screen.

When you try to drag it to the left, are you grabbing the edge (the double arrow thing) or on the top of the window? Can you move the window by grabbing the top?

You might also try temporarily changing the resolution of your monitor. If you set it to a larger size, you may be able to get to the upper right corner to resize the window.
The top moves up and down with double arrow. Left edge does nothing. I'll try the resolution next.

Try this:
Hold down the Shift key, then right-click on the icon of the browser you are using in the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen. In the menu that pops up, select the Move option, then use the arrow keys to move the window to a point where you can see the X and the pages thingy next to it at the top of the window. You should now be able to resize the window with the arrows or hit the pages next to the X to go full screen.
No move option comes up.