New Shop

That is what my shop looks like except my shop is 1/10 the size of his
That was my current /old shop, which also had a brewery, food storage, workout space, and a bunch of top be perfectly honest hoarded junk thrown in. We’re using the new space as staging during the move as it’s been letting us clean and prep a bit before moving to much stuff into the dwelling plus the turnaround time on trips is really good with “load the trailer, dump the load onto pallets in the giant shop”.

I’m eventually going to have to entirely evacuate this space as well as it was used as a kennel and there’s still more than a touch of dog left on the floor. So once we’re get everything here I’m going to move the pallets left over to the other adjacent small shop space and then pressure was the ever loving bejeez out of this space, fix up the power, etc and then move the tools back in for good. Ideally I’d have done all of that cleaning, etc first. But we’re still in the wet season and I was afraid it would be hard to get dry plus the timing isn’t perfectly ideal so being able to defer that part done to do it right seemed like an ok takeoff.

50 acres.

I live on long island, and until I visited another member on this site with 40 acres I really had no clue how to realize what a piece of property that big is actually that big.

congrats on the closing.

if I had a shop that size, id close off a certain portion, put in a small kitchen, flat screen, small bedroom area, bath room, and visit my wife once a week. you are a lucky man

I’m eventually going to have to entirely evacuate this space as well as it was used as a kennel and there’s still more than a touch of dog left on the floor. So once we’re get everything here I’m going to move the pallets left over to the other adjacent small shop space and then pressure was the ever loving bejeez out of this space, fix up the power, etc and then move the tools back in for good.

Perhaps look into renting a floor cleaner machine, and add a sealer after it dries too. My dad was a fan of waxing the floors in his shop. They did seal up and seal well, swept up dust well, but they got kind of slippery when first done.

50 acres.

I live on long island, and until I visited another member on this site with 40 acres I really had no clue how to realize what a piece of property that big is actually that big.

congrats on the closing.

if I had a shop that size, id close off a certain portion, put in a small kitchen, flat screen, small bedroom area, bath room, and visit my wife once a week. you are a lucky man
When I was dairy farming the place the dairy was on was a half section (320 acres) We farmed 2500ac I sure miss that freedom and space