My new Lawnmower

Rob Keeble

Having my cereal on the deck and the backup lawnmower came out for its breakfast too.
Not sure about the way it cuts the lawn a bit patchy. lol
123bfe232d58e34b5a0653fe762cb455.jpg

Those kind of lawnmowers are cute, but destructive. More than once they've wiped out entire crops in my garden in just one early morning feeding frenzy. They love the young succulent shoots but are not adverse to just nipping off older plants and not eating a darn thing.:huh: They will find their way around, over or under multiple layers of fencing. The stinky liquid repellents seem like Sriracha to them. Last year there was an entire family munching at my backyard salad bar. Broke a toe running around to chase them out. Finally decided they were in the same class as moles and voles and put them on the persona non grata list. The back yard has become Hotel California for rabbits....they might sign in, but they don't leave.

I have a ton of them little bunnies around here. Fun to watch, but like Ted mentioned, destructive to gardens. This year I didn't do a garden due to back problems. But, I have raised beds and I fence them. But, I also lightly spread cayenne around the perimeters of the beds and that helps a lot. I just buy the big containers of the cheap store brand and it works well.

... I also lightly spread cayenne around the perimeters of the beds and that helps a lot. ...

That's a good deterrent for squirrels on bird seed, also. In Florida, we mixed cayenne with the seed before putting in the feeders. It was fun to watch the squirrels start to eat the seed, then rub their nose like crazy and finally go to the nearest water they could find. It worked well for all the squirrels except one little guy - we named him Pepe. :)

We have a few rabbits around here. We're not sure where they live, but i let my dog out one evening and quickly saw a rabbit running hell bent for election for the gap under the gates. My dog isn't a hunter, so I'm not sure what she would have done with a rabbit. Maybe played with it.

Those kind of lawnmowers are cute, but destructive. More than once they've wiped out entire crops in my garden in just one early morning feeding frenzy. They love the young succulent shoots but are not adverse to just nipping off older plants and not eating a darn thing.:huh: They will find their way around, over or under multiple layers of fencing. The stinky liquid repellents seem like Sriracha to them. Last year there was an entire family munching at my backyard salad bar. Broke a toe running around to chase them out. Finally decided they were in the same class as moles and voles and put them on the persona non grata list. The back yard has become Hotel California for rabbits....they might sign in, but they don't leave.

Lol i can see you dashing around.

I leave Oddball to do the answering " Moriaty"

Whats with them negative waves .....lol

https://youtu.be/Xyh-JpWdGmQ

and later

https://youtu.be/ncbEucjsNFU

Best movie ever.

Ted I have been planning wild rabbit stew for several years now. But they dont seem to get much weight on them. Then again all they get here is grass lol

A few weeks after we got our current dog (Sunny), I found just the back half of a bunny on the lawn. (I'll spare y'all the photo.) That was at our house in Los Angeles.

Haven't seen any wabbits yet in the yard here in Albuquerque. If we did, I'm pretty sure LOML would start putting food out for it. Heck, she even feeds the field mice in our yard. :rolleyes: We have an agreement: As long as the mice stay outdoors I stay quiet. At the first sign they are in the house, the traps will come out. ;)

A few weeks after we got our current dog (Sunny), I found just the back half of a bunny on the lawn. (I'll spare y'all the photo.) That was at our house in Los Angeles.

I often find parts of rabbits in the yard where Maggie has left them... occasionally find a whole one or sometimes a squirrel on the front porch by the front door... Maggie's a good hunter. My neighbor has said he's seen her running a deer or two, but the times I've seen deer come out of the woods, she just lays and watches them. Most nights though she stays up half the night barking to keep all the night critters away... both dogs will howl with the coyotes when they're out.

The little dog, Harley, barks and runs after them, but he's never caught one.

Last edited: