My New battery powered Ego weed eater

Paul Douglass

I went this route because cranking on a gas weed eater, hoping it would start, never knew for sure.. so I at the recommendation of several.

The plus of my new Ego Battery powered weed cutter
What I like:
no gas to deal with

No mixing gas to deal with

starts when I squeeze the trigger no cranking hoping it starts,, this time

I cut all my " whole garden area and more outside the fence with one 14' piece of line and still going. No breaks, not having to respool, just keep cutting. And till have longer to go I guess.

no taping the cutter head to get more line,, it does it auto.

If I had to reload the line no hand cranking it on just feed the line through the head the cutter head press a button and let it load itself auto and so nice.

If it quits running no filling more gas, just switch the batteries and go..

Runs longer even on the smaller battery than a tank of gas!

Plenty of power seems to get clogged up much less than my stihl gas one

Quiet enough that I do not need to wear hearing protection.

I'm with you there. I'll have to check that out. Lets just say My leaf blowers are now battery powered, and thats a big improvment

My wife (RIP) bought me a no-name electric weed eater several years ago. I was concerned it would not be a good tool and disappoint both of us. Happily, it works great and, like Paul said, none of the issues of starting a gas engine. I recently purchased a small pruner that looks like a mini chain saw (Stihl brand). If the weather ever gets nice I look forward to cleaning up the property with it. Health issues and age have taken away most of my strength, a regular lopper pruner is no longer a feasible tool for me to try to use.