Maybe I'm spoiled...UPDATED

Tom Baugues

Maybe I've gotten used to ordering online and actually receiving my orders in a timely manner.... but my latest order has me concerned. I needed some new band saw blades. Last couple times I ordered blades I bought them from Ellis Machinery due to a recommendation from this group years ago. While I was at the woodworking show a couple weekends ago, I talked to a guy from a company called "Sawblades.com". He didn't have with him the type and length of blade I was wanting but he told me that if I would call their company then they would honor the "tradeshow" pricing which was 10% off and free shipping. I figured the free shipping was worth more than the 10% off. I needed to buy some blades anyway so I gave them a call. They handed my call off to someone else to take my order. I explained to the sales lady what blades I wanted and was hoping to get the discounts. After taking my order she wanted to put me on hold to see if the blades were in stock. After a few minutes she came back on and said they were indeed in stock and would ship them out right away. I gave payment info and I thought all was well. They e-mailed me an invoice that had neither a 10% discount nor free shipping. I called them back to question the costs and was told not to worry that I would only be charged the discounted amounts. Shipping time was supposed to be 3-4 days. About 4 days after I placed the order, I get an email that stated that my order is being processed and my custom blades are being manufactured. It also stated a different type of blade than I ordered. I ordered a "flex back" blade, but they took my order as "hard back" blades. Tracking shows them as being "on the way". All in all, not the best experience so far from this company. Doesn't mean they are a bad company, but I like when things happen as they should in a timeline as they promise. I'm hoping for a good quality blade anyway. Whenever they get here.

Well, my blades finally arrived. I had ordered two blades. Upon opening the package, I found three blades inside. No paperwork to explain. I sent the company an e-mail and they called me on telephone first thing this morning telling me that it must have been a mistake and thrown into the box by accident. I then started to question if the blades were the correct type of blade as per my order since the blades were not labeled. I have since removed the blades from the package and measured them. Two of the blades seem to be what I ordered but the other blade is much shorter in length and is a metal cutting blade. They are telling me that they "think" the two longer blades are the correct type that I ordered and not to worry about sending the other one back.
So, I'm not impressed with this company. They take pride in advertising same day shipping (which certainly didn't happen) and then to not know what type of blades they actually sent me is very poor of them in my opinion. My next blade order will probably be somewhere else.

Well, my blades finally arrived. I had ordered two blades. Upon opening the package, I found three blades inside. No paperwork to explain. I sent the company an e-mail and they called me on telephone first thing this morning telling me that it must have been a mistake and thrown into the box by accident. I then started to question if the blades were the correct type of blade as per my order since the blades were not labeled. I have since removed the blades from the package and measured them. Two of the blades seem to be what I ordered but the other blade is much shorter in length and is a metal cutting blade. They are telling me that they "think" the two longer blades are the correct type that I ordered and not to worry about sending the other one back.
So, I'm not impressed with this company. They take pride in advertising same day shipping (which certainly didn't happen) and then to not know what type of blades they actually sent me is very poor of them in my opinion. My next blade order will probably be somewhere else.
That sucks. Thanks for the update, and thanks for taking one for the team.