House updates for the weekend.

Bring it along, Darren. I've got a pen. :D I have a few out of town trips, so when are you coming?

I haven't got the final dates for the class yet as I haven't gotten the invite for those months yet. Usually they are the first week of the month, so based on that, it will be either Nov 3rd - 5th or Dec 1st - 3rd, but I'll be staying through the weekend after the classes as well.

Carol, He already said that he would meet me at an IN-An-Out (he's never had one) and I suggested that we all three meet. His parent are AZ snowbirds..I think they go to Scottsdale.
Must have the $$$$ to afford it...:D

They are in the North Phoenix area actually, have a grandmother there too, which is why they started coming out there. My mother actually grew up mostly in your neck of the woods off of Sunnydale Dr. Don. I think there is a In-an-out just down the street from them.

Hey Stu aint it nice to be watching a reno instead of doing it.:rofl:

Darren you got me hooked on beadboard. I will be working on SWMBO. Yeah she changes from loml to SWMBO when we dont agree.:D:rofl:

Hey thats a nice color in the advocado room.:thumb: What do you guys do in a microwave that large.:eek:

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Hey thats a nice color in the advocado room.:thumb: What do you guys do in a microwave that large.:eek:

its' bigger than it looks. The door overhangs part of the control area quite a bit and it houses a huge fan, about 400 cfm's worth. The vent it about 7' off the ground and it was blowing the bushes outside pretty good. May have to put a deflector below to keep from killing them when the gas fumes really get to blowing out there.

Kitchen looks lovely,

Maybe i missed it, but are you changing the lights to new low voltage build in spots,( and increase the number from 4 to about 6) and changing the ceiling from gloss to matt,

I really do not like gloss ceilings, matt FLAT ceilings really bring a high quality feeling to it

Kitchen looks lovely,

Maybe i missed it, but are you changing the lights to new low voltage build in spots,( and increase the number from 4 to about 6) and changing the ceiling from gloss to matt,

I really do not like gloss ceilings, matt FLAT ceilings really bring a high quality feeling to it

Thanks for the comments Chris. Lights won't be changing at this time. Down the road we may do some new cabinets and counters, but we're trying to update the look of this one without much cost (other than appliances). Ceilings will get a fresh coat of paint, but not gloss.

well done on the returns darren on your crown.. and the whole thing is coming along nicely..you get all nestled in so much that you dont want to run off and then i will sneak up on yu and say smile your on the tour schedule:):thumb::thumb:

well done on the returns darren on your crown.. and the whole thing is coming along nicely..you get all nestled in so much that you dont want to run off and then i will sneak up on yu and say smile your on the tour schedule:):thumb::thumb:

Hope to have you stop in for some bbq and a visit on the tour Larry. :thumb:

This weekend kicked my rear, couldn't hardly walk this morning with all the crouching I had to do, not to mention moving all our furniture from the town home Saturday morning. I installed laminate flooring through out the upstairs level, about 650 sq. ft. of it. It looks like hand scraped hickory (really does), real happy with the way it came out. Still need to put down quarter round and do stair treads, but just got it vacuumed off and snapped some pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image00010.jpg
    Image00010.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Image00011.jpg
    Image00011.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Image00012.jpg
    Image00012.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 95
  • Image00013.jpg
    Image00013.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Image00014.jpg
    Image00014.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Image00015.jpg
    Image00015.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Image00016.jpg
    Image00016.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thanks guys, was a whole lot of work. Thought it would be faster than nailing hardwood, as it was suppose to be "snap" fit, but had to drive just about every piece in. :doh:

650 ft² of laminate flooring, AND you moved all the furniture from the apartment? All in two days? You WERE a busy boy!

I recently did 550 ft² of Pergo in my wife's basement quilting studio, and I took 2½ days to do it - and was still tired and sore.

The floor looks amazing. How is your chop saw blade after that stuff or did you not have much cutting to do.

As for your productivity, man you are competing now with Allen. That would have taken me 2 weekends at least. Well done even though you needed painkillers.

Darren did you put anything on the floor before laying the laminate?

Looking forward to further updates.:):thumb:

How is your chop saw blade after that stuff or did you not have much cutting to do.

Darren did you put anything on the floor before laying the laminate?

I had a new blade on hand, but didn't need it. I'll probably change it now though, but was cutting the laminate just fine, even at the end.

The laminate had a padding on it and since this was over plywood on the upper level, I didn't put any other padding or barrier down. I think having the padding on it was the way to go. It adds some dampening to the boards and saved time not having to do that step. I did use some floor leveler a couple of days ago for a few joints that had swelled (probably from when the house was built).