Blackstone?

They have to be seasoned but that is pretty easy
Yeah, just wasn't sure how it had the black color in the first place. My "Greystone" griddle was the natural cast iron color. I brushed it down with oil over and over while running it on high for about an hour and a half. Still only got it seasoned black right where the burner was.

Let me suggest you add a basting/melting cover, a cast iron griddle press, a good set of spatulas and some sort of hard cover for the griddle.
I have a 12" round basting cover and it works well for most stuff, but I've needed a larger one on occasion (like trying to do 2 Philly cheese steaks at the same time) and have been eyeing a large Blackstone basting cover at my Walmart. It's nice, but the $49 price tag has kept me away. Also, I keep thinking I can make my own by adding a wood handle to a much cheaper roasting pan.
A round 8" cast iron bacon press from Amazon works OK for smashburgers and bacon, but in hindsight maybe a rectangular one would be more versatile.
I bought the Blackstone spatula set at my Lowe's. They are heavy duty and work well (don't forget to flatten the back to a 6000grit mirror finish, with a 60° primary and 25° secondary bevel ,:rofl::rofl: )

Let me suggest you add a basting/melting cover, a cast iron griddle press, a good set of spatulas and some sort of hard cover for the griddle.
I have a 12" round basting cover and it works well for most stuff, but I've needed a larger one on occasion (like trying to do 2 Philly cheese steaks at the same time) and have been eyeing a large Blackstone basting cover at my Walmart. It's nice, but the $49 price tag has kept me away. Also, I keep thinking I can make my own by adding a wood handle to a much cheaper roasting pan.
A round 8" cast iron bacon press from Amazon works OK for smashburgers and bacon, but in hindsight maybe a rectangular one would be more versatile.
I bought the Blackstone spatula set at my Lowe's. They are heavy duty and work well (don't forget to flatten the back to a 6000grit mirror finish, with a 60° primary and 25° secondary bevel ,:rofl::rofl: )
Luckily, My grill came with a hard cover. I also ordered one of the silicone covers, just for the sake of cleanliness.
I've got some high dome metal lids for pans laying around that should work as basting covers, so I think I have that covered :D (pun intended)
Also have the blackstone spatulas arriving today.

I have a round bacon press, but will probably go ahead and order a rectangular one. Can't have too many presses, right?

Well done, Grasshopper. Now you are ready for a few basic spatula moves. Note: Do not practice these barefoot:beer:

Hah, I do the flip with an axe (and yes barefoot lol) which always freaks people out, but it's actually pretty safe if you've got the knack of it.

I found the trick with the egg toss is to always do it outside.... Cause there ain't no way I'm not breaking the egg...

Well, It was probably the last good pool day of the year. My drummer stopped by and we ended up making some burgers from stuff in the pantry and freezer.

Grilled onions and mushrooms on the burgers. Sliced some potatos and fried them up too.

I don't remember frozen burgers and buns ever tasting this good, lol. The fried taters.

Have to say, it was just fun to cook on it. Lots of playing around with your food, lol.

1693538848453.png
1693538871555.png

my son has one with air fryers. we were there all day today, he had ribs in his smoker, and made corn on cob on griddle, chicken and veggie skewers,(is that what they call it), burgers hotdogs, chicken and tots in the air fryers for the kiddies.
he loves his blackstone and cooks on it at least 3 days a week.
I have a nice weber grill, and Im thinking about a blackstone but I cant justify owning 2 grills when I hardly grill anymore, not like a few years ago when I used to stand in knee deep snow to bbq.

being Ive been battling with diverticulosis lately, I went easy on the meat, but the ribs were just too good.
the best part of the day was the desserts.
someone brought homemade ice cream sandwiches, icecream with 2 3 inch chocolate cookies , I only had one bite, but it was pretty close to heaven.
someone else brought apple pie and it was heated up served hot with or without topping.
and then there was a tray of specialty bakery desserts cannolis and pastries that well, worth getting sick over.
didnt even look at the massive fruit displays and other assorted goodies.
my son shaved ice for sno cones for my grandson,

we should have just skipped the meals and just spent the day eating desserts.

Last edited:
we should have just skipped the meals and just spent the day eating desserts
We used to have a friend who was very much into deserts (and if I dare say I make some pretty decent ones hah). We were living in southern WA at the time and she came down from Spokane to visit for the weekend and check out some of the local scenery. It had been a while since we'd had a good dinner so I decided to make it fun and cooked up 4 different deserts and LOML made a good dinner in the middle. We opened with two deserts, had dinner, then had two more deserts. Everyone agreed that was a right proper way to do it.

I think the last big thanksgiving I helped with I did 6 pies and a half dozen other goodies on top. You kinda want to "quality test them all" (you know to make sure...) but it does get kinda filling after a while.