Another functional 3d printer print

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a little 1" HF belt sander for some reason. I had originally got it for sharpening I think, but it does a better job of rounding off the blade than sharpening. At any rate, the little lever that is used to tighten up the table on it broke while it was haphazardly stored in a drawer. (I pulled out all my sharpening supplies yesterday to organize them).

So, 3d printer to the rescue. Using the remnants of the old plastic handle, I drew up a replacement in fusion. I put a pause in the print job at the right height so I could embed the metal cog piece in the printed piece and there you go. Good as new, as if that was ever that good.

1699385188171.png
1699385260272.png1699385231942.png

When one cannot find spares, it is good to be able to make them! I'm curious to find out how strong it is or how long will it last, I have no idea about 3D printing materials although I know that you can use many different ones even metal.

When one cannot find spares, it is good to be able to make them! I'm curious to find out how strong it is or how long will it last, I have no idea about 3D printing materials although I know that you can use many different ones even metal.
For something like this, I think it should last quite a while. I used PETG on it, which in theory, is a stronger plastic than the pla I typically use.

But at any rate, I've got the file saved off and can always recreate it if it breaks.