Air Guitar

glenn bradley

So I'm in the shop minding my own business. A song comes on the stereo. Shortly thereafter I find myself laughing. Nothing makes an old-timer break out the air guitar like Steve Howe on Yes' - South Side of the Sky.
What's your involuntary-reflex air-guitar song?

So I'm in the shop minding my own business. A song comes on the stereo. Shortly thereafter I find myself laughing. Nothing makes an old-timer break out the air guitar like Steve Howe on Yes' - South Side of the Sky.
What's your involuntary-reflex air-guitar song?
Excellent choice! That's still one of my favorite guitar parts to listen to*, even after all these years. I don't recall ever breaking out my air guitar spontaneously, but like Jay, In The Air Tonight has made me play air drums before.

* I say "listen to" because even though I can copy a lot of guitarists' playing, Steve Howe is one of those guys whose playing I've given up on trying to emulate. I know he's playing the same notes that I have on my guitars, but I still have no idea where he finds them. ;)

* I say "listen to" because even though I can copy a lot of guitarists' playing, Steve Howe is one of those guys whose playing I've given up on trying to emulate. I know he's playing the same notes that I have on my guitars, but I still have no idea where he finds them. ;)
I played in a bar band with a guy who loved, but said the same thing about, Allan Holdsworth. Funny to think he lived in Escondido right next to where Carol lived, next town over in San Marcos while my while my dad lived, next town over in Oceanside

I played in a bar band with a guy who loved, but said the same thing about, Allan Holdsworth. Funny to think he lived in Escondido right next to where Carol lived, next town over in San Marcos while my while my dad lived, next town over in Oceanside
Yeah, Holdsworth is another guy in that category for sure. :thumb: I was fortunate to see him playing in the supergroup UK in the late '70s. I've seen Howe several times in Yes, too. Last time I saw Yes was a few years ago here in Albuquerque, and he looked like the Crypt-Keeper from Tales from the Crypt, lol. Still played well, though.