2024 - Off to a rip roaring start.

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Well, I hope this is no indication of how the rest of 2024 will go!

Since Christmas two of our neighbors passed away (those of you who attended Sunken Wood will remember Maude from next door), Jan's great aunt (102) passed, Jan's son spent 5 days in the hospital with a gallbladder infection and underwent three surgeries, and, to top it all off, Jan and I are both convalescing at home with COVID.

With 11 months and three weeks to go it promises to be a heck of a ride! :rofl: :rofl:

Since Christmas two of our neighbors passed away (those of you who attended Sunken Wood will remember Maude from next door), Jan's great aunt (102) passed, Jan's son spent 5 days in the hospital with a gallbladder infection and underwent three surgeries, and, to top it all off, Jan and I are both convalescing at home with COVID.

With 11 months and three weeks to go it promises to be a heck of a ride! :rofl: :rofl:
michigan is playing tonight, relax and should be a good game,

Hopefully you're getting all the bad stuff out of the way and the rest of the rear will go swimmingly for you. I hope you feel better soon.

In today's mail I got ads from both French's Mortuary (offered me a free dinner) and The Neptune Society. Do they know something that I don't? :rolleyes: :D

seems we here now more then when pandemic began that more and more people have covid. so many of our relatives and friends have had covid 3 or 4 times. most people I know worked from home with covid, so thats a very positive thing....I once, and only once in my life had the flu, and I couldnt get out of bed for 4 days.

2023 ended that way for me... Dianne passed away in September 2 days past my birthday and 18 days before hers... then 30 days later our best friend and card playing buddies wife passed away after being in the hospital for about 30 days following 3 strokes that left here pretty much paralyzed.

And the hits just keep on coming!

Working in the shop today I thought I heard the dog barking continuously. I stopped to listen, and I could hear Jan‘s voice calling me. I figured Fletcher had cornered some varmint and she needed my help. Well, she did need my help, but it was not because of a varmint. She had slipped and fallen, and could not get up. a call to 911 followed by a ride in an ambulance and admission to the local ER followed by a CAT scan. Turns out that she snapped her femur just above one of her knee replacements. After several hours of trying to find a hospital that would take her, we finally found one north of us in Kalamazoo. She is on her way up there as I write this , and as soon as they can assemble the surgical team, they are going to open up her leg and see what can be done. I will not know any of the details for at least 12 or 14 hours. Thoughts and prayers would be most appreciated.