Search results

1. glenn bradley

Storage Question

I think you will find some threads on this. I'm just an enthusiastic hobbyist so rarely store more than a hundred of anything (except when I get a good deal on a McFeely's clearance or the like). I have standardized over the years on four main storage sizes. When it comes to screws, washers...
  2. glenn bradley

MP-4 on WIN 11 - calling the geek squad

Another VLC guy. Another benefit is that you can use it on Windows and unix so you can have a common look and feel across OS.
  3. glenn bradley

Happy Birthday Rennie Heuer!

Wait . . . 29 again!?! Have a good one.
  4. glenn bradley

Plane iron

We all have our favorites. I used the Veritas PM-11 plane iron / cap iron pairs for my two Millers Falls No. 4 equivalents. I see they are offering the Hock branded stuff now so I am not sure where the previous stuff fits in. They have always been helpful and knowledgeable when I have called...
  5. glenn bradley

Put away your Chain saw

Holey freakin' Terminator.
  6. glenn bradley

Friday 4/26 ! 24 O My

Hahaha. They use a felt pen to mark your hand and then the finger to be cut. First the check in nurse does it, then the surgical nurse re-marks it and your wrist, then the doctor actually initials your wrist to prove that he checked the for the correct side and finger. I took some alcohol to...
  7. glenn bradley

card scrapers

The arc presents a narrower focus of the cutting edge. I find the holders a little awkward but they were certainly helpful.
  8. glenn bradley

Friday 4/26 ! 24 O My

Trigger finger fix. All went well.
  9. glenn bradley

Pair of Dressers

Nothing much to show for the last few days of effort. . . I go in for a minor surgical procedure to my hand tomorrow so I was glad to get the base color coat applied, at least. The recovery period will give the finish a good long time to cure :D
  10. glenn bradley

Pair of Dressers

And so it begins . . . First coat. Second coat.
  11. glenn bradley

Pantry Organizers

I understand your concern :). The front, bottom, and back are rabbeted into the sides. The front-to-bottom and back-to-bottom joint is a butt joint and arguably weaker than a rabbet. These are designed to simply corral products, not transport them from hither to yon. I have made similar "trays"...
  12. glenn bradley

Pantry Organizers

OK, that didn't take long. The mini-bot glue bottle really allows you to put small amounts of glue where you want them. I ended up using a planing stop, a couple of bench blades, and some tape-wrapped scraps left over from something in order to clamp things. . I used some 23 gauge pins along...
  13. glenn bradley

Pantry Organizers

I'm sticking this under General Woodworking since it is pretty general in nature. I am taking up the time between big steps of my current project to make LOML happy. Part of a recent remodel is an increased size for the pantry. She wanted some corrals or organizers for the many random things...
  14. glenn bradley

Sharkbite - Pex - Copper

Agree with Wayne. No problems here . . . BUT . . . I can say from experience that you want to use the recommended connectors and tools in the recommended way to avoid future problems. As with so many things, shortcuts or "hacks" do not yield optimal results.
  15. glenn bradley

Pair of Dressers

Time to mix up my witch's brew for cherry. The first thing I do before starting to mix up high VOC materials is to put about 4 inches of water in a pail with a lid. I also don a respirator and open the doors :rolleyes: The pail is for the discard of anything that has the oil based finish on...
  16. glenn bradley

Replacing drawer bottoms

I would taper or rabbet the edges of the new bottoms. That is; the old bottom is 1/4". The new bottom is 1/2". a taper or rabbet from 1/2" to 1/4" about 1" from the outer edge of the new bottom makes it fit the old slot without much loss of strength.
  17. glenn bradley

Friday 4/19/24 GOOD MORNING FWC

Electrical is in the remodel. Water and sewage too. Cabinetry (not mine) is mostly in. Sinks, toilet, fans, shutters and skylight. It really looks like phase 1 will be done next week. LOML is very excited. I need to get some finish on the dressers or I will end up being late :oops:
  18. glenn bradley

Pair of Dressers

I usually favor figure 8 connectors or shop made "buttons" to secure tops. I've had some Z clips in stock for years and thought I would use a few. Even though there is an attachment point at each corner, people like to lift things by the tops so I will add 3 more connection points. I chuck up...
  19. glenn bradley

A big day at our house...

Congrats on starting the next chapter. As others have mentioned I have never had a dull moment since retirement; there is so much to do. We are continuously surprised at how we got anything done when we had jobs. We are pretty occupied all day long . . . and in a good way.
  20. glenn bradley

Pi-Hole Ad and Malware Blocking

Great stuff Darren. Like any inspection device the throughput will be device (the server) specific. I doubt that any home user (and none of us retired IT guys either probably) would hit any kind of limitation. The overall experience should be a better user experience by whittling off all the...