1. Leo Voisine

Norovirus

Anybody dealing with it?
  2. Leo Voisine

Sharkbite - Pex - Copper

Any thoughts on going from copper to pex using sharkbite fittings
  3. Leo Voisine

Weather dot com

This is getting insane. I have had weather dot com as one of the tabs I watch and it is on all day every day along with sever other tabs such as family, vectric and a few others. The advertisements slapped in my face and EVERY click is just getting to be too much I need to dump that one. Any...
  4. Leo Voisine

Will wonders never cease

Fusion 360 is an Autodesk company. I was not getting the hang of Fusion as it functions quite differently that was I am best it which is Solidworks. I used Solidworks every day to design jigs and fixtures at work as well as lots of other things. After 10 years every da it was just...
  5. Leo Voisine

STORMS STORMS STORMS

Trees down - wires down - power out I live 1/4 mile from police station and I have power - a few flickers but nothing big - still no promises There are several main travel roads closed and several floods I have some damage in my yard but nothing to panic over. It's 61 degrees here on...
  6. Leo Voisine

Last Saturday

I got together with good friends and we went to Boston. Well we call it Boston but we really mean the Boston metropolitan area. First stop was Rockler - about a mile away from Harvard Universitary and Tufts Universitary. Lots of young people walking around. Lots of brownstone historic...
  7. Leo Voisine

This almost makes me cry

It has been a long haul. Solidworks. Solidworks is a professional CAD system. I got good at it when I had a job. It's one of those $20k os so CAD systems, an industry standard. As a maker edition it's like $50 bucks a year. Fusion is like $500 bucks a year. I am having a hard time getting...
  8. Leo Voisine

I need to take a break

I need to take a break from making cool stuff for a short time. I tell about it in this video
  9. Leo Voisine

A Rustic Shelf

I have a lot of oak boards from trees that I had cut down and then milled into boards. I wanted a shelf in my kitchen to hang utensils and a shelf for stuff. Salt Pepper and other things I use daily. I like pottery, organic, rustic, made by local artists. NOT made in a factory in China. You...
  10. Leo Voisine

HP OMEN 45

I know I have posted some frustrations with my new computer. It's all in the name of the game. All manageable stuff. I will say though that the performance of my new HP OMEN 45 is absolutely OUTSTANDING I love it - WOW what a difference.
  11. Leo Voisine

Just a little Windows rant

rant on Sooo - I bought a new computer. I also bought and installed an ethernet card so I could obtain faster connection speeds so I could have faster upload and download speeds. I shut off the wireless connection and I want to be only ethernet. The new computer goes into sleep mode -- OK...
  12. Leo Voisine

MP 4 video player ???

Any recomendations on a MP4 video player for Win 11
  13. Leo Voisine

Network Attached Storage NAS

As some of you know I make youtube videos. I also like photography. With that said - digital storage then becomes rediculously HUGE. Petabytes is visible at the end of the tunnel. I have a buffalo NAS 8 Tb and an external USB drive to backup the NAS 8 Tb My NAS is about 2/3 full so I need...
  14. Leo Voisine

?? TECHNOLOGY ??

I am having my fill of "the lastest" technology lately. Did you know 1 transfer rates of cables? USB Network cables ? 2 transfer rates of USB-1, vs USB-3 vs USB-c 3 The network card inside your computer can get expensive for performance 4 The cable connecting your computer to your modem needs...
  15. Leo Voisine

Magnifyer light

Some years ago I bought a Harbor Freight magnifyer light 22w Florescent articulated arm I use it quite a bit, but it stopped working. Replacement bulb did not work. Replacement started did not work When I bought it I used points on a CC to pay for it, so it didn't really cost me any money...
  16. Leo Voisine

How can this be possible

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1567436070/resin-table-custom-order-poplar-wood?click_key=de381cb46f8657c1df544d2354b5842d06bed23f%3A1567436070&click_sum=7f9c35f7&ref=shop_home_recs_1&pro=1&frs=1 Something I want to try my hand at some day is epoxy resin tables I have hoarded some nice slabs of...
  17. Leo Voisine

Making Cool Stuff - with Glazing

I don't know What to call this thread so I called it Making Cool stuff. Why - well because this is a fun project for me and I like making cool stuff. We are just about ready to enter into a slowdown of outside stuff. I do hope we get buried in snow. I have "We Make Cool Stuff" on my business...
  18. Leo Voisine

AWESOME

Youtube just lowered the requirements for monitization. From 1000 subscribers down to 500 --- I have 104 From 10,000 watch hours down to 3000 --- I have 500 That puts me ain a MUCH better position to start earning maybe $1.00 per year by the time I am 80...
  19. Leo Voisine

Inspiration

I am interested in how to make a little extra money to support my workshop. I found this guy to be pretty inspiring to me. He has a series of videos that I will be exploring.
  20. Leo Voisine

Vectric user group meeting online

Just in case anyone may be interested https://ugm.vectric.com/home I posted one show and tell project and will be posting a few more during this group meeting