Search results

1. mike calabrese

Drones

If you don't register your drone and contribute the $5.00 fee you may get a visit from the bogeyman. You have been warned!!!!
  2. mike calabrese

Drones

Everyone here is missing the point here.........all this drone regulation is just a smoke screen. The real story is REMOTE ID is a covert operation to save the planet from global warming and advance the green agenda. I consulted with my technical advisor Rube Goldberg , here is the real story...
  3. mike calabrese

Drones

I have actually sold my drone about a couple years ago. I got tired of all the rules and remote ID stuff for me it was like paying for a good band and not being able to dance to the music. As far as the 107 I was all jacked up on it but the test stuff was sooooooo darn stupid. All they did was...
  4. mike calabrese

Drones

I had and flew a DJI Mavic Pro for some time . From my experience the DJI software as slow , lacking features, and used a bunch of background energy on my phone. I switched early on to an app called Litchi https://flylitchi.com. In my experience Litchi is far better than DJI Go has better...
  5. mike calabrese

Table Saw From the Restore

That is very dangerous, there is no grounding lug on that plug!!!!!! :rofl: calabrese55
  6. mike calabrese

Friday 4/5/24

Nothing to get all shook up about...sorry I just could not resist:drool:
  7. mike calabrese

IS BIG BROTHER COMING TO YOUR SHOP?

I really have zero issue with SS I take it as a quality tool and a pretty good safety idea. My issue is the way a manufacturer has the ability to influence government to basically force consumers buy their product especially on a personal protection basis. Look at this a different way, the...
  8. mike calabrese

Send lawyers guns and money.....the human waste is about to hit the rotating cooling unit. calabrese55
  9. mike calabrese

Government regulation will change woodworking forever from your garage to the largest users of table saws. I ma not taking any shots at SAWSTOP if you like one buy one but soon big brother will make you buy a SawStop or something just like it . This video hit YouTube less than one hour ago...
  10. mike calabrese

A nice turning wood

Thank you Chas for looking in. I try to be very focused on the way the segments are matched up & joined. I dry fit all rings initially and correct any slight mismatches with hand sanding on a flat plate. The ring faces are also carefully sanded flat and glued up in stages or all at one time...
  11. mike calabrese

A nice turning wood

Thank you Ryan. The flame birch really pops when the finish, Minwax wipe on poly hits the grain. Thanks for your kind comment mike calabrese55
  12. mike calabrese

A nice turning wood

Thanks Jonathan for your kind comment. mike calabrese55
  13. mike calabrese

A nice turning wood

Thank you Les, very kind i can almost taste the Molson :thumb: mike calabrese55
  14. mike calabrese

A nice turning wood

Thanks all for looking in , always appreciate your time and attention.
  15. mike calabrese

How many Cans of WD-40?

That is exactly the way i feel about money. I have enough money to last me the rest of my life provided I check out by about noon tomorrow :woot: calabrese55
  16. mike calabrese

A nice turning wood

Finished this earlier this week. It is my first build using flame birch. I really really like the way the birch turns . Cuts well with carbides, easily to sand and takes a real nice finish. Turning the flame birch was just real easy and smooth going and kind of looks neat pattern wise with just...
  17. mike calabrese

How many Cans of WD-40?

The endless uses and miracles of WD40..... I have one can use it mostly when sharpening my router bits, chisels and plane blades. Also a quick dressing on my table saw top and lathe ways to spiff up the surface with steel wool or real fine silicon carbide paper. BUT if you want to be the WD40...
  18. mike calabrese

FOAM CUSHIONS FOR COLE JAWS

Finally solved an issue trying to prevent chafing / marring a finished bowl mounted in Cole jaws. Working from an ordinary kids toy, a pool noodle simply cut a slice off the noodle about 1/2 in thick and place the donuts over the rubber inserts on the Cole jaws. The bowl edge nicely rests on...
  19. mike calabrese

The reality of being old

I WOULD RATHER BE A SHARPENER THAN A PENCIL The reality of being old mike calabrese55 3-23-2024 I often use the common pencil that has been around long enough to barely stick out of the sharpener far enough to be held. Somehow that thought evolved into an analogy of a pencil to life...
  20. mike calabrese

Good Morning Friday 22nd

Six inches of snow.................I will be shoveling and not liking it much :poop::( calabrese55