Recent content by Brent Dowell

1. Brent Dowell

Part 107 Exam

Guess I need to catch up on some of this stuff. I've been flying RC aircraft since the mid 80's, lol. Some of this rubs me the wrong way, Makes me want to repair some of my models and get them back in the air, lol.
  2. Brent Dowell

Happy Birthday Rennie Heuer!

Have a great day Rennie! :b-day: 🎂
  3. Brent Dowell

A treat from Iowa

One of my cousins posted that their kid had found a nice big pile of Morel mushrooms last week and was selling them. I said if you can ship them, I'll take a bag! Said bag got delivered yesterday and were immediately transformed into dinner by my. I used the classic egg/milk wash, dipped in...
  4. Brent Dowell

Hydroponic Tower

I'm with Darren, The barrier to get into it is pretty low at this point. I honestly print things all the time, not just special projects.
  5. Brent Dowell

Hydroponic Tower

Do you have any concerns about the porosity of the prints? I know some of the stuff I've printed for use with water before tended to leak a lot, unless I hit it with either a clear coat or some paint.
  6. Brent Dowell

My New battery powered Ego weed eater

I'm with you there. I'll have to check that out. Lets just say My leaf blowers are now battery powered, and thats a big improvment
  7. Brent Dowell

I've graduated

Gotta love random historical encounters!
  8. Brent Dowell

I've graduated

From "the guy the neighbors dogs bark at" to "The guy with cookies in his pocket". Yesterday, drove my quad up to chat with the neighbors and their dogs started eyeing me weird and barking, till they learned my pocket was stuffed with dog cookies.... Today, went back up for a minute, and...
  9. Brent Dowell

More taster trays - Last (real) project in the old shop

Looks great! It would be nice to give them a spin, so to speak
  10. Brent Dowell

Stabilizing a hill side?

That is an interesting idea. I might have to think about that...
  11. Brent Dowell

Stabilizing a hill side?

In front of our house we have a little embankment about 100' long by about 15' wide at a 25 degree angle. Recently, something called dirtlocker came up on my facebook feed and it seems like it might be a good/easy way to terrace and landscape the hillside. Dirt Locker The cost for this...
  12. Brent Dowell

Pi-Hole Ad and Malware Blocking

It's actually working great right now. Things are faster and I'm not noticing as many random delays and other sorts of ads.
  13. Brent Dowell

polish sausage mk2

I did not know you could request custom sausage recipes! Thats pretty cool.
  14. Brent Dowell

Pi-Hole Ad and Malware Blocking

Went ahead and installed pihole on my Synology NAS. Took a few tries to find a good guide that actually worked. The biggest trick was I needed to go through 3 or 4 upgrades of the nasdrive operating system. Once I got there it was a piece of cake. It actually seems like my browsing has sped...