The Farm Shop

Continuing with wiring in the craft room and the outside of both rooms. I ran out of NB clamps for the panel and for the lights, will pickup more for this weekend.

Also hung some shelves and continued with unboxing and hanging some art work.
IMG_0151.jpeg IMG_0152.jpeg

I hope to bring the last of the tool boxes and my wife’s GG Grandfathers workbench back this week.

I finished up running the main runs for the inside and outside circuits of the craft room. I picked up a south wire wire dispenser, best $60 spent, even comes with a stud mount to use it up higher. I need to install the boxes for the HVAC disconnects outside, then ready for insulating the ceiling and outside walls, before osb.
IMG_0188.jpeg

I finished up running the main runs for the inside and outside circuits of the craft room. I picked up a south wire wire dispenser, best $60 spent, even comes with a stud mount to use it up higher. I need to install the boxes for the HVAC disconnects outside, then ready for insulating the ceiling and outside walls, before osb.
View attachment 128173
Where did you get it Darren I can see one in my future. Or if you want to sell yours :whistling:

Yeah, I wish they would just do a phone app version, but I’m sure they have to get their vendors to pay out and make some interest also. And then you have those folks that just don’t bother sending in the rebate.

I used up the last few sheets of osb I had on hand and got the wall for the tool/work bench ready. I’ll move it over from the back corner in the next couple of days.
IMG_0208.jpeg

Also finished up the last few circuits on this half of the shop. I need to install the HVAC disconnects outside and then can button up the rest of the walls when I get more material.

BTW, been raining all day, but the shop is a heck of a lot quieter than my old shop when rain was coming down on the metal siding. Just kind of a light white noise in this one with the spray foam.

I like all the wall outlets. One thing I wish I had done when I built my garage. Mine are to few and far apart, always running cords. Your shop looks great.
I’ve been shooting for every 4’ to 6’. Most of the shop area is 20 amp circuits, one in my office. I have another 15 amp one in there and two 15 amps in the craft room.

I’ll be running a 20 amp 220v w/ground to the table saw drop to split out to a couple of circuits using din breakers. I’ll have another 30 amp 220v w/ground to the cnc drop, which also splits out the power to various circuits.

Those will be on the far end of the shop. I plan to run a subpanel to that end and branch most of those 220v circuits from it. Cost of running multiple copper 10/2 cables well exceeds the cost of a feeder and sub panel.
In addition .... running a single "heavy" feeder to a sub-panel reduces voltage drop which is important if you need to run more than one piece of equipment at one time.

Got the tool cabinet/bench moved to the front, spent some time collecting the tools from all over and getting them back in the cabinet.
IMG_0215.jpeg

I’ll get some lumber and start some framing where it was sitting.
IMG_0216.jpeg

Btw, It was about 33* most of the day in our valley. I didn’t get out there to kick the heat on until about 3pm. It was still about 53* in there. Heat hadn’t been on since about 9pm last night.

Last edited: