CDB CNC - Plumbing for Air

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Got some 8mm Air tubing in today, so ran it through the cable chains. So glad the cable chains are big and beefy. Got a lot of stuff running through them, but they are getting kind of full now.

I had bought a 12 volt air solenoid valve a while ago, so hooked it up to the tubing, and put a quick connect for my shop compressor on the other end.

I've got a 120 volt outlet seperated into 2 different circuits, each hooked up to a relay in the control box controlled by a rocker switch on the control panel at this point. So I just plugged a transformer into one side and hooked that up to the valve. Works perfect.

1691115734153.png

1691115752294.png

On the other end, I had bought a goose neck mister attachment. It has a quick connect for the 8mm tubing, and a 4mm quick connect for adding lubricant. I got this for if I wanted to do Aluminum on the machine. They say you can do a little mist of isopropyl alcohol and that it provides lubrication and cooling without making too much of a mess. The air blowing the chips out is supposed to help a lot too.

My new laser should get here tomorrow, so I'll figure out a way to switch the air between this device and the air assist for the laser.

Really like that I can just flip a switch and have the air turn on and off easy from the control panel.

Last edited: