Chas Jones's latest activity

• Chas Jones
    Chas Jones replied to the thread Moss Mountains.
    I suspect the nearest we've experienced is a short visit in San Antonio area (by road) as an aside from a family gathering in Dallas...
  • Chas Jones
    We have or had (anno domini rules) several USA friends and family members who found it hard to get to grips with the climate vagaries of...
  • Chas Jones
    Mulling over the conundrum of rampant moss whilst doing a bit of remedial wall painting (its raining again) I believe I've answered my...
  • Chas Jones
    I remain completely confused on the subject of moss around here and soil acidity, Moss is an acid loving and generating species, this...
  • Chas Jones
    We'll raise you an ubiquitous baseline lichen undercoat and high end moss varieties. A heavy rainstorm can see us clearing a...
    • moss4.jpg
    • moss5.jpg
    • moss6.jpg
  • Chas Jones
    I buy Iron sulphate by the 25KG bag, and hit the moss with a spray solution every year in spring, supposedly before it starts sending...
  • Chas Jones
    Think it's safe to say we have a an idea of what a very wet winter means for unwanted moss cultivation. Another half day (some...
    • moss1.jpg
    • moss2.jpg
  • Chas Jones
    Chas Jones replied to the thread Nosy Neighbor Part 637.
    We've owned three properties over 60+ years and only had one individual that turned obnoxious during the last eighteen months of a 9 yr...
  • Chas Jones
    Chas Jones replied to the thread A nice turning wood.
    Like the form and proportions, tight joints like those are not easy to achieve.
  • Chas Jones
    Not Stu's, but these links may be of interest. These profile guides any Use Old UK forum thread. Some Gouge setting ideas ideas
  • Chas Jones
    Chas Jones replied to the thread Will this stop the cracking?.
    I can only suggest to seal ends, put in thick paper sacks, dry as slowly as possible. This is a little missive I wrote some years ago...