Rattle Can Shaker

glenn bradley

This is courtesy of my son in law. I thought it was the silliest thing I had seen in a while but it works great. Bury an old Saw-Zall blade in a piece of scrap and screw it down.
Rattle Can Shaker (1).jpg
An old cap holds one end and the block holds the other . . . loosely.
Rattle Can Shaker (2).jpg

Rattle Can Shaker (3).jpg
A velcro strap or some tape.
Rattle Can Shaker (4).jpg
Run it at about the rate you would shake it by hand.
Rattle Can Shaker (5).jpg
After about 60 seconds of shaking the material sprays like buttah.

I like those. :thumb: My only problem it that it'd take me longer to get the reciprocating saw off the shelf and out of its box than it would take to just shake the can of paint.

it that it'd take me longer to get the reciprocating saw off the shelf and out of its box than it would take to just shake the can of paint.

My carpal tunnel might appreciate the thought though. I could actually see a setup for this clipped onto (but removable from) the side of the paint cabinet if I was doing a lot of spray painting....

I have a very old Craftsman saw like that, that my nephew gave me. I must weigh 10 pounds and all the plastic housing is breaking off because it is old and brittle. I use it to saw limbs off some trees, the other day the blade got stuck and I thought it was going to shake me to death before I could let go of the switch. Have not been shook like that since I made my Mom mad when I as a little kid! I think this would be a good use for it.