polish sausage mk2

Dan Noren

Staff member
a few years back, i had a local meat market make up a batch from a recipe that i had found. they were good, but not quite what i was looking for. this time around, i found a recipe for a garlic polish sausage, and brought the garlic, and spices to the local meat market again. good thing i added them as a contact, as when i was leaving costco, they called with a couple of questions. they are only a stone's throw from costco, so, i went over, and answered the questions, and they let me watch. now, all stuffed into the casings, and heading to the smoker tomorrow. good, garlicky smell to the meat, and if they cook up as good as it smells....
20240419_135246.jpg

there was a couple of pounds of meat left over after stuffing

You can pretty much just make that into sausage patties that work real well pan fried. In fact if you get a grinder... you can easily grind primals and mix the spices yourself and then make sausage patties... Of course it's only a small jump from there to also get a stuffer (I have a 10lb LEM which is real nice)... :D

Ever since3 I moved to my present home I am kinda spoiled on sausage. This little place is just down the street and he will do custom order if asked so why bother doing it my self.

You can pretty much just make that into sausage patties that work real well pan fried. In fact if you get a grinder... you can easily grind primals and mix the spices yourself and then make sausage patties... Of course it's only a small jump from there to also get a stuffer (I have a 10lb LEM which is real nice)... :D
the extra was already ground. the stuffing machine feeds via a piston, pushing the meat up, and there is usually a couple of pounds that don't make it into the casing.

Those are beauties! Does putting them in the smoker get 'em hot enough to be considered fully cooked, or do they need morte cooking before eating?
the sausage guy said that he smokes them until they hit a temp of 160 degrees, keeps them at that temp, then lets them cool down a bit in the smoker.