New guy in Clinton TWP Mi

Dave Gravel

New to this forum. Had one year of woodshop, was 9th grade in the late 80s. Other than the odd project here and there haven't done much woodwork. Mostly worked in factories, currently work at a little place that slits and sometimes cold Mills stainless steel, I'm the one milling, I run the slitters when needed; employee not at work.
I still love loud music. Sometimes even annoy the neighbors. This is what prompted the last project I made; a folded horn subwoofer. Made from 1/2 inch Birch plywood using a circular saw to cut the panels and jig saw to cut the driver hole. Planning to build another but haven't had the money.
Just bought an old Craftsman Table saw but I'll post about that somewhere else.

welcome to the forum, feel free to share you project, shop tours are always welcome and we do like pictures. If you have questions ask away there's a lot of talented people here for most any area of wood working and also several other fields. There no such thing as a dumb question. Oh and did I mention.... WE LIKE PICTURES.

Welcome aboard, Dave. :wave: As Don said, we like pictures around here.

We have a few people here who like to share their music with the neighbors from time to time. I'm one of them, lol. We used to cart around some big folded horns back in my touring band days. This pic shows one side of the PA we put together for an outdoor festival. The folded horns are at the bottom of the stack and not very visible in the photo. (The two guys are standing on the stage, which was a flatbed semi trailer. The PA stacks are sitting on the ground next to the trailer.)

Rock Fest PA Stacks.jpg

Here's some pics of the subwoofer being built. I didn't get a finished pic, now it has a lamp, rear speaker, books and the cats food dish on it to keep away from the dog. The official name of it is a Table Tuba long style.

Attachments

• 20140105_170055.jpg
    20140105_170055.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140105_170015.jpg
    20140105_170015.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140109_225406.jpg
    20140109_225406.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140112_144753 (Small).jpg
    20140112_144753 (Small).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 7
Here's some pics of the subwoofer being built. I didn't get a finished pic, now it has a lamp, rear speaker, books and the cats food dish on it to keep away from the dog. The official name of it is a Table Tuba long style.
No, I didn't design this myself. I bought the plans and build details from another website.

Hello from straight across the state and welcome to FFW! Neet looking sub box, what size sub is in it? I understand making loud music, I had 3500 watts in my standard cab pickup with 16 speakers :headbang:

Hello from straight across the state and welcome to FFW! Neet looking sub box, what size sub is in it? I understand making loud music, I had 3500 watts in my standard cab pickup with 16 speakers :headbang:
Just a single Dayton Audio 10 inch driven with a 250 watt plate amp. Plenty loud enough to annoy the one neighbor but she rarely says anything unless it's late. At about six feet it registered 123db on my radio shack meter. Age that with the gain on the plate amp at 1/3.