Having "A Beautiful Time" With Willie Nelson

scott spencer

Reading up on all the birthday wishes you folks left for me reminded me that my youngest daughter gave me the latest Willie Nelson album for my birthday. From the onset of the first song I thought he sounded kind of old...then I looked up the album. "A Beautiful Time" is the 72nd solo studio album by Willie Nelson, released on April 29, 2022 on his 89th birthday.! I thought that was the coolest thing ever! Do any other musicians have an album released at age 89? To add to that novelty, it's really good. There's a unique beauty to the sound of an 89 year Willie Nelson's voice. It's easy enough to embrace and just go with flow of the whole album. Lots of pearls of wisdom strewn across the album, as only a seasoned grizzled musician could portray them. Willie's guitar "Trigger", just sounds cooler and cooler is it ages, and he still plays it really well. (It has an extra hole in it from years of heavy handed strumming, and it gives it an interesting sound.) Just thought I'd share.

Short clip about Willie's guitar "Trigger" and how's it maintained.

Attachments

• Williecover.JPG
    Williecover.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
he got old....
Booze and pot? but he is 89, I'm 79 and don't look much better never tried marijoewanta maybe drink a little more than I should but I look at the direction the world is heading these day and I think what am I saving myself for,,, my wonderful America is losing. But here is my tribute to old Willy. His music has always been on of my favorites.

Attachments

• willie nelson.jpeg
    willie nelson.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Paul. That Willie Nelson clip certainly brought back the memories. Danced to hs music and partied endlessly in early 60's to his music and Glen Campbell and other oldsters.
David

I like singers that can just stand in front of a microphone, or just sit on a stool and sing without all the jigging and "dancing".... a good singer only needs
his or her voice to be great... without the videos and such, modern singers probably would be lost.
Willie is definitely one of the great ones.