DeWalt laminate trimmer - Rant time

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
It seems to never fail. Every time I break a tool the one part I need is discontinued and no longer available. I have a DeWalt D26670 laminate trimmer that has a broken spindle lock pin. A $2 part. Not available ANYWHERE! why discontinue a part that is likely to break? This is insane. I'm ticked. :mad::mad::mad:

Rant over.

I'll send you a Bosch Colt to get you through if that will help. A lot of pros consider these things throw-away tools and factor their cost into the job. The electrician who terminated the mains on my new shop panel showed up with a new set of Klein tools to do the job. He left them behind. Those of us not making the big bucks may think differently :D

I'll send you a Bosch Colt to get you through if that will help. A lot of pros consider these things throw-away tools and factor their cost into the job. The electrician who terminated the mains on my new shop panel showed up with a new set of Klein tools to do the job. He left them behind. Those of us not making the big bucks may think differently :D
I also have the dewalt 611, one size up, so I will be just fine. Thanks for the offer!

Just a wild guess, but isn't the Porter Cable trimmer the same thing, just a different color? Might try that. Maybe...maybe not.
The PC is exactly the same, with exactly the same parts limitations.

So I’m guessing the purpose is to push in and lock the spindle shaft? Can the old one and its spring be removed and use a piece of drill rod of the right diameter as a lock in its place be used? Or a drill bit of the right size for that matter?

Once you have the old one out I’m guessing someone here with a metal lathe may be able to turn a compatible one if you could provide some starting dimensions. Might be a market for them. ;)

Obsolete not available

This is just plain old SICK

Years ago we FIXED things - Now we fill the dumps - and then we go on to talk about RECYCLING ??????

I remember saving nails and straightening them to be reused.
And the baby boomers get blamed for the conditions that exist today?????
We reused the glass milk bottles.

What's wrong with this picture.

So I’m guessing the purpose is to push in and lock the spindle shaft? Can the old one and its spring be removed and use a piece of drill rod of the right diameter as a lock in its place be used? Or a drill bit of the right size for that matter?

Once you have the old one out I’m guessing someone here with a metal lathe may be able to turn a compatible one if you could provide some starting dimensions. Might be a market for them. ;)
That's a good idea. Basically, anything shoved in the hole will work.