BB-2000

Ted Calver

Staff member
Perhaps TMI and definitely not something we were thinking of buying. Also, not in the same category as the classic Binford 5000, but the BB-2000 is a worthy addition to the tool box. We received one as a Christmas gift and didn’t install it because it requires a nearby GFI protected outlet. My daughter’s husband helped me install a couple of new circuits during their recent visit and we are now fully operational…heated seat, water and air…plus a turbo mode for those tough jobs! :eek:

Much to our surprise, we love it! Sure beats those frosty trips to the outhouse. Saving up for one for the guests.

IMG_9980.jpeg

Sure beats those frosty trips to the outhouse

Boy and howdy! Always interesting to hear how folks like these sorts of things anyway!

Who knows when you'll end up having to re-plumb an entire house because they did literally everything wrong and might need some new fixtures (purely hypothetical .. of course.. ).

We installed new toilet and seat made by Toto when we replaced one bathroom with a handicap version about 5 years ago. The new seat has a bidet and heated water tank built into it as well as the heated seat. I got funny looks when I told the electrician that I wanted a power outlet behind the toilet for it, but after a short discussion he did it for me. Even the plumber had never seen one of these seats. A wireless remote magnetically attached to the sink cabinet lets you control the temperatures and cycle times, and for the bidet you have to activate it via the remote. The toilet sees you coming and opens the lid before you get there, but if a male, you have to push a button on the top end of the remote for it to lift the seat. A minute or two after you leave, the toilet seat and lid will automatically close. The toilet itself is very efficient, using about 0.85 gallons of water per flush.

I doubt that I'll go for the full installation if I upgrade another of our bathrooms, but do very much like the water efficient design of the Toto toilet. They are expensive though, at about $500 for just the toilet. Another $500 for the automatic heated seat with bidet. There are unheated versions of these seats, so during the bathroom construction and before the toilet was chosen, I had the plumber add both a cold and hot water outlet for the toilet. Again some head shaking by the plumber, but he did it. Then the heated seat with bidet was chosen, so this hot water tap hasn't been used. The water heater for the house is 70 ft away, so getting hot water here quickly would not likely happen quick enough to be of any comfort this way anyway, but it's there, should any future need should require it.

Two months ago a powered toilet seat lift system has been added. It raises the user up to near standing position. It has a wired remote with up and down controls. This all works much like a handicap recliner. It's a bit cumbersome in design and wider than the toilet because it's frame sits on the floor off to both sides of the toilet. The toilet seat is mounted to a steel plate that lifts using electric cylinders that are operated via the remote. So, yet another need for an electric power outlet below and off to the left side of the toilet. Now I'm glad that they installed a duplex outlet during the bathroom construction.

Charley

Two months ago a powered toilet seat lift system has been added. It raises the user up to near standing position. It has a wired remote with up and down controls. This all works much like a handicap recliner. It's a bit cumbersome in design and wider than the toilet because it's frame sits on the floor off to both sides of the toilet. The toilet seat is mounted to a steel plate that lifts using electric cylinders that are operated via the remote. So, yet another need for an electric power outlet below and off to the left side of the toilet. Now I'm glad that they installed a duplex outlet during the bathroom construction.

Charley
Charlie,
I'm thnking we may have a need for something like that in the future. Is it working as advertised and would you be willing to share the brand?

"I'm thnking we may have a need for something like that in the future. Is it working as advertised and would you be willing to share the brand?"

Ted,

The seat lift that my son chose was made by Liftseat. He bought the heavy duty model because he is a big guy at 300 lbs. It's quite big and ugly, so it definitely deters us normal people from wanting to use it, but it does work well for him. My biggest complaint is that he leaves it up high were he got off, instead of running it back down for the rest of us to use. Fortunately, there are 2 other bathrooms in the house. I have run it, but not while sitting on it. I prefer using one of the other bathrooms and my wife seems to be doing the same. He was not happy with the included side handles, so they came off the day after it was installed. He has shared no complaints about the rest of it and how it works. He has the wired remote attached to the toilet paper holder on the end of the sink cabinet, so it's easy to reach.

Here is the link - https://www.liftseat.com/our-home-products

Charley