Search results

1. B

Cute prank....

Thought you might like this... http://www.wimp.com/japanesegirls/
  2. B

Do you change your engine oil yourself?

I use these to remove my oil filter. I've tried just about everything else on the market including the screwdriver method, strap/chain wrenches, and this is my favorite. Besides, it looks cool and I can chase my kids with it.:D Channellock oil filter pliers...I got mine at Homey's Depot.
  3. B

Pocket door and electrical in 2x4 wall.

Is there a way that you can fit a pocket door and a light switch in the same 2x4 wall? Do they make low profile boxes and switches? So the switch would be in the same area as the door pocket. ?:huh:? Trying to get around having to move the switch to the other side of the door. Thanks!
  4. B

What a diff having a filter in the shop,

What a diff having an air filter in the shop. I always turn it on when I'm in the shop and it just quietly works in the background keeping the dust down. I've found in my small shop that if I run it, I can then start finishing my projects, either spraying or wiping a finish on, with in 30...
  5. B

Huray!!

I was laid off of work a bit over 6 months ago. Forced me into a huge financial bind that jeopardized my house too. Well I got hired back, get to keep the house and my new bus is taking off too! Thanks be to God is all I can say. If any of you are in this situation, my prayers go out to you...
  6. B

chip breaker distance?

How far from the edge should the chip breaker be from the edge of the blade on a smoothing plane? Is it the same for all planes or do you seat it back further for more aggressive cuts? Thanks, Brian
  7. B

Cargo Trailer Recomendation?

I am looking to get a 7x14 cargo trailer for my business. Would anyone have recommendations on which brand to get and which to stay away from? Also, would you recommend single or tandem axle. I'm not going to carry a huge amount of weight, just wondered for stability in towing and the amount...
  8. B

To glue both sides, or just one side of the joint?

When using a glue such as tightbond etc, should you glue both sides of the joint, or just one? I know that with some polyurethanes you can glue just one side. ??
  9. B

Wood warping, can you tell ahead of time how it will go?

Is it possible to tell if a piece of wood will warp once it is cut by the grain pattern or any other tell tail signs? I know around a knot or some sudden wild grain I've found I can expect some movement, but on other pieces that I thought would be fine then end up acting like their dream was to...
  10. B

Tightbond, or any glue for that matter then sand?

The bottle says to clamp for 30min then do not stress for 24 hours depending on temp, humidity and how the planets are aligned. I am finishing up the Jatoba cabinets I started a while ago...nuff said there.:D Is sanding the faces after they come out of the clamps with a RO sander 'stressing'...
  11. B

Lead poisoning...hard way to go.

Yep, Poor thing died of lead poisoning. They come into my yard after my kid's rabbits. The kids wanted baby rabbits so we one time ended up with a total of 30 rabbits.:eek: My kids sure loved them, but then a band of raccoons came in while we were gone and wiped out almost 20 rabbits. So...
  12. B

Wood countertops, how to?

Has anyone made wood counter tops before? I would like to make wood counter tops for my kitchen. I was thinking of gluing strips of 3/8" hardwood to a 3/4" plywood then installing it. What would you all recommend? I thought about using 3/4" hardwood, not glued to a substrate, but thought...
  13. B

I'm a hillbilly too!! Thanks Ken!!

Well, when my little TS bit the dust took it in to be fixed and the place I take it too is no longer in business. So I borrowed my dad's old tiny, tiny, skillsaw table saw. Well, after using it a couple of times and gritting my teeth so I didn't teach my dog bad words I had to do something...
  14. B

I hate it when I post and delete!!!!

I don't know what is wrong with me, I post then do a preview of my post, forget that I haven't posted it, then close that tab.:doh::doh::doh: Then I have to go back and repost and hopefully not do it again:p This is just as bad as (I was trying to post in the other thread:bang:) as putting my...
  15. B

Help from our Japanese members on finding this type of planer?

Last year I ran across a planer by Makita I believe, that has a fixed blade and the wood runs under it. I think they are still available in Japan, but the US market is gone. You have to keep the knife very sharp or performance suffers. Basically it is a 12" or so powered stationary hand...
  16. B

Poor scale!

Another one from my grandfather.
  17. B

oldie but goodie

Don't know where this is from, my grandfather emailed it to me and it's been a long time since I've seen it. Still love it.
  18. B

Can someone tell me the differance between...on 3phase?

Can someone tell me the difference between a rotary phase converter and a static phase converter? Is one better than the other? I can not get 3phase to my house because "it's against our principle" according to the power company what ever that means.:huh: I would be running an 8hp 3phase...
  19. B

New table saw and Bandsaw in the near future...

Ok, I posted in another thread that my table saw went up in smoke (literally). So I will be getting either a Unisaw or Sawstop. Heavily leaning toward Sawstop. I like the safety, but in just comparing saw to saw, it looks like the SS is built a little beefier. Still deciding. I asked a...
  20. B

Boo-Hoo-Hoo, sniff...

Wasn't paying attention and set my Domino too deep and used it on some really hard wood, Darnit! $35 down the drain. Glad I had a spare. Then my table saw starts billowing smoke out everywhere!!Darnit!! Cool! A double darnit! Haven't had one of those in a while! I guess part of my tax...