Search results

1. Sharon Korn

Burning Wood III (2021) - No pics, didn't happen

So non attendees included Don Baer, Jim Burr, Brent Dowell and Sharon Korn. In spirit, Carol Reed also showed up with a CNC machine that magically appeared in Brent's shop. Maybe pics will follow to prove she was here in spirit. Fun time had by all.
  2. Sharon Korn

GEEZER Input Needed

I had cataract surgery about two years ago. Love that I can see at all distances at the same time. Only need to wear non-prescription sunglasses. However with my slight astigmatism, I do get the "halo effect" from cars at night. I have tried the amber glasses and even had the regular...
  3. Sharon Korn

I think I made a Mistake

Emergency Alert - Brent will have a new "hobby" Susan and I gave a presentation to our county's "Emergency Services and Homeland Security" workshop today. Apparently agencies have to update their emergency plans every five years in order to qualify for FEMA grants. We covered the floods and...
  4. Sharon Korn

Happy 11th Anniversary FWW !

Happy Anniversary to FWW and all the folks that make it a great place :congrats::congrats::clap::five::beer::beer::woot:
  5. Sharon Korn

Rubber Woodworking

http://www.blakemcfarland.com/about Someone may have already posted, but I thought it was interesting, especially since he used what would be normally "wood" working tools. Since CNC and 3-D printers, I figured nothing was off the table as to creating art or functional pieces. If nothing...
  6. Sharon Korn

What style is this?

A FB friend posted a piece he got 40 years ago from the owner of an old motel in Barstow (no laughs from the peanut gallery). Probably means the piece is 60-70 years old). I was curious if anyone knew what style (or maker) this would be. It's kind of odd, but yet would be an interesting piece...
  7. Sharon Korn

Are we skipping Friday this week?

Unless I missed it, it's probably going to be a pretty boring weekend. No one seems to have plans for this weekend. I'm going to spend it gardening and Talladega'ing it. Weather is beautiful out.
  8. Sharon Korn

Curious - Do you know?

I was going through my parents/grandparents "stuff" and came across some interesting items that I wondered if anyone had any knowledge of. They look to be BBQ/Carving utensils The two with black handles definitely say "Craftsman". Could not find anything readily online. Guessing they are all...
  9. Sharon Korn

Brent Dowell - Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday, Brent. Wishing you another year of great fun and adventures. Enjoy the day. Can't wait to see your birthday cake :thumb: :b-day_cake::b-day_cake::champagne::b-day::beer::b-day_cake::b-day_cake:
  10. Sharon Korn

Firewood Question

So out West, wood prices have stormed astronomically in the last few years. We used to buy it around $190-220 a cord (pine vs. almond) for several years but now we are looking at up to $400/cord. Thankfully we overbought when prices were lower and are limping buy on what is left (see Brent's...
  11. Sharon Korn

Hey Brent Dowell

So, how many days until Thanksgiving?...it is 83, you don't have to look it up. But I have the perfect solution. Facebook fans have opted that we get a pool table instead of a foosball table for the game room side of the great room to go with your juke box. But, I say here's the best option...
  12. Sharon Korn

FWW Family Visit - Fresno/Reno

The call came about 20 minutes ago...Jim and Stacy should be here any minute...more (and pics) to come :wave:
  13. Sharon Korn

Look who blew in from Sacramento...

I'm starting to think 2013 is the year of Family visits. Look who showed up on our doorstep with all kinds of toys? Our guitar playing pal, Jason Beam :wave: This isn't Kansas anymore Let's get this show on the road We expect great music to be posted by the end of the day :thumb:
  14. Sharon Korn

Need Intervention (or at least a generator)

Power has been out for over 2 hours and someone is going through internet withdrawal...please send help :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  15. Sharon Korn

It's Friday...What's Up???

I think the boy's are slacking off a bit. Last I checked, today is Friday, so what's on your plates? :dunno::stick::huh: It's going to be our first rainy/snowy weekend in 56 days, so indoor projects for us. I have to do some werky-werk (can you believe they scheduled two meetings on...
  16. Sharon Korn

Happy Birthday...Brent Dowell

I stayed up till midnight so I could be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday. Enjoy :b-day::b-day_cake::beer::congrats::b-day:
  17. Sharon Korn

Brent's New Flatbed - Details Coming

So Brent went to look at a Craig's List trailer offered at $1.2k (you know, to haul that tractor he hasn't bought yet :rofl::rofl:). It was stolen, the owner found it 6 years later, ya-da-ya-da. He offered 1K and the guy didn't bite, so I'm proud of him for walking away. Next thing, I see his...
  18. Sharon Korn

Let's Play a Game

So, most of us old timers may remember the game, Two Truths and a Lie. Usually used as an ice-breaker at parties Let's play They can either be themed based or random. Once someone guesses the lie, the owner will acknowledge and can start a new one if they choose. Examples (sorry Larry)...
  19. Sharon Korn

Brent Not Allowed to Read This Thread

Any one have a good site for a Didgeridoo?
  20. Sharon Korn

Swimming Pools and Garage Shops

Just a curious question. Homes with swimming pools will either attract or not attract potential buyers. You either want one, or you don't. I'm curious if shop oriented garages pose the same issue. I talked with Brent and he said they could just rip out all of the shelves he has built (that...