Search results

1. Tim Armstrong

Old Jointer in Chicago on CL

I guess this is just a heads up to anyone on the hunt in Chicagoland. There is a a Delta/Rockwell jointer - looks to be 6" or 8" for $300.00. I'm not afiliated in any way and the guy posted no details - just saw this posting on CL today. Feel somewhat tempted myself but for now I'm saving my...
  2. Tim Armstrong

Let's see your blade storage!

In the spirit of Rob Bodenschatz's 'Show me' threads, I would like to see how folks store their saw blades, specifically for the TS and CMS. I have been muddling around moving stacks of blades from bench to shelf, etc. for the last two years and it's about time I find a better solution. With a...
  3. Tim Armstrong

Combo in Chicago

I don't watch Craig's List a lot but this one sort of stood out for somebody who is willing/able in driving distance of Chicago. Robland NX31 for 4500 - pretty much half price from new. http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tls/313699074.html I wish, I wish, I wish. Good luck getting that one...
  4. Tim Armstrong

Sargent 198 Rabbet Plane

I found this old plane in a box of tools that I was given - it belonged to friend of the family who passed several years ago. I'm a complete newbie, heck, I'm a pre-newbie, when it comes to hand tools but I'm starting to figure out that some things might be easier if I knew what I was doing and...
  5. Tim Armstrong

Set of 4 Jet F-Style Clamps $20

Rockler has what looks like a good deal to stock up on some small/med F-style bar clamps. It's a set of 4 (2 x 12" 2 x 24") for $19.99 http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17382
  6. Tim Armstrong

Bosch Jigsaw (1587AVSP) $69.99

Wow... this is really amazing price on this jigsaw. Yes, the new Bosch jigsaws are a little easier to use but for $70 shipped, this is hard to pass up. This is Amazon... search for B0000223GF
  7. Tim Armstrong

Variations on a Theme - The CMS Stand & Tool Storage

Been many threads of late on CMS stations and all of the cool Systainer storage racks. I needed to build something like that myself and just got 'er put together last night. I was motivated by the idea that, in my small shop, horizontal space is at a premium and I was always cluttering it up...
  8. Tim Armstrong

Is this really FAS Poplar? (The Very Happy Ending)

First off, thanks to all of you who provided such great feedback and advice on the original thread on this topic here: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2051 I know you were all waiting with baited breath and anticipation to hear the outcome. :rofl: Or maybe not but here...
  9. Tim Armstrong

Is this really FAS Poplar?

Hi all - this is a question about a delivery of lumber I took the other day. Actually, this is my first big order of lumber ever, a total of 300 BF. (I suppose there is a stealth gloat here as well - at least for a new guy.) Since I'm new to buying lumber from somewhere other than a retail...